Attention all FTA Testers out there

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 735
I'm not sure how many true FTA testers out there.

I have been conducting a lot of testing lately and I repeatedly came across channels in the range of 11.7 to 12.0 G Hz Circular LNB on 119W. These channels don't turn on with any auto roll at all. Initially I thought they were AMC-16 or powerVue. Now I really think it is something else and could be big.

They could be:
- DTV QPSK is finally being decoded or converted by VU-Sat receivers.
- Unknown feeds from an unknown Sat in the area.
- DN can be finally changing their conditional access.
- AMC-16 DN international but conventional LNB failing to lock for signal amplification or simply wrong polarity from LNB.
- Simple Bugs in VU-Sat receiver BIN PGMs
- Something else completely.

I just don't know
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON
As much as I'm doubting my own explanation I do think something is cooking I can smell it. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm asking if anyone had any similar situation or know anything about it. Please share information together.

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 304
We hope that your wrong too. I understand that your a tester but you don't need to report this at this time, maybe when we're all down(J.k just being sarcastic). You might give the big dogs some ideas and put FTA(DN) out of business.

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
- See we all know that there is a difference between FTA and PTA. PTA is never going to last forever infact these are the good old days and PTA will have its Armageddon.

- There are no solutions to those Wealthy Providers except for changing their hardware receivers or at least their sm*art C*ards. all PTA friendly users will find out in advanced and I do know they won't go for the expenses to change hardware. PTA population is growing very fast.

- I do think there will be a software virus or some old trick in progress will infect in particularly VU-Sat receivers.

- Who knows maybe they just droped the ball and won't fight back. I expect them to give a fight but I don't know what their move will be.

My advice get an antenna so you won't live in the dark if anyone relying 100% on PTA. At least you can get locals.
I do have a topic under HD Solution for those who are interested.
Armageddon is near.
King

Bronze Member
Username: Jbourikos

Post Number: 18
i will try it out here as well...give me dish size used and receiver (i have ultra xtreme and will try on an old pansat as well)

u said circular lnb aimed at 119?

Silver Member

Post Number: 737
Any dish any circular (single LNB)
It is same issue on 110 and 119
Just try lower frequency starting 11600 Hz
Don't try it on any Dual LNB
Let me know
King

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8202
Something's brewing with DTV...not sure of exactly what, but my source is a many year, well known DTV authority/mentor from isokingdom..so maybe this has something to do with it...will check it out...oh, and this is NOT that crazy bogus DTV rumor thats been circulating publicly..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
sounds cool lk...i will try the same and see if we all get similar results

Silver Member

Post Number: 739
LK
What do you mean?
"my source is a many year"

If any thing brewing with DTV it will be finally available. I do think it is already hacked. It is no rumors. I don't think what I keep coming across is DTV but can't rule it out since it is closest neighbor to 119/118.75

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
he means an experienced

Gold Member

Post Number: 8204
I mean I have been advised by the most versed person with regards to DTV hacking,who has many many years experience with DTV and coding, that he will be releasing some VERY interesting new DTV info privately, and that DTV has been making some changes that may be beneficial to peeps..any DTV peep knows of "DT"...

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
When you say "good news to people"
Do you mean good news to subscribers or to friendly FTA users?

In any case
I don't think VU-Sat receivers is capable to handle QPSK without a real good conversion program. Infact I never heard of such a thing possible. It maybe refering to newer HD receivers only.

- DTV USA
- Sky UK + Europe
- Sky South America
- Sky Asia
- Sky Africa and perhaps more
Making Videoguard world Monopoly
IT MAKES VIDEOGAURD #1 on THE HIT LIST today

(HVT) to HTV High Value Target

Silver Member

Post Number: 742
You didn't answer me LK
When you say "good news to people"
Do you mean good news to subscribers or to friendly FTA users?
Thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 8214
Obviously I meant good news to peeps! (not necessarily FTA users either)...most likely DTV peeps with DTV receivers and access cards.....there is never good news to any subscribers!

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
Thanx
I will tune CNN

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 316
http://dishnetwork.tvlistings.zap2it.com/dishsite/listings/gridall.asp
ok i was looking around tonight to see what was comin on Dn tonight ... I noticed that the locals are gone from Dn guides .I have had this link for 3 years and never use it up ontill I noticed ABC and NBC etc. are not on any new bin files lately. They are still on echo 8/10 but all in the "W" and some "K" stations..
OK maybe i missed something and am not cought up on this info .. but this makes me mad .. I cant find LOST on ABC and its going to be a good show tonight :-(.. LK AND OR KING... have you guys noticed this? Changes are happening for sure !

Bronze Member
Username: Reza6652

Post Number: 29
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_guides/index.shtml

select all channels, then search

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 317
Thanks Reza I wasn't searching for all channels .. not this is better lol .. but still doent explane why the bins for fortec/pansats do not have locals listed any more . usually on echo 7 they were all ther named but now all numbers and hard to tell what is what . But thanks again reza

Username: Shhh

Post Number: 7
Can some one please tell me or give the exact link to newest bin and loader for Multistar Pantec Ultra.
I am new so easy on me please.Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 8234
Doreen...on the 119, U need to look at channel 241 area and channel 8100 area for major networks like ABC etc..

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us