How to edit Viewsat 2000 xtreme channel list???

Bronze Member
Username: Hemanjoyman

Post Number: 19
For PRFRMNJ, or anyone who may know:

I'm trying to edit my channel list, but I am having a difficult time doing so. I am trying to add my locals so they will show up in order on the channel guide. Or I am trying to rename channels on the channel guide to match my local channels. But, I cannot seem to do either one. Every time I try to load the channel list I edited back to my STB, the guide info. disappears and the channels I edited don't work.

I am using channel master and I have a VS 2000 xtreme.

Can anyone tell me exactly how to do it please???

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2315
The are of the List you are going to change is the "No.[Order]" This is the channel number that shows up and this is where you change the local channel numbering. It is right after the F.L.A.T. sections.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Sorry, but I am not sure what F.L.A.T means. I tried changing only the number in the order part, and when I loaded it back to the receiver, those channels did not work, and the info was gone on the guide. I guess I should have tried to receive the guide, but I didn't even think of that until now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok, neverming, I get what you were saying about F.L.A.T. But I did try changing the number order. I tried changing channel 8663 to 40, and when I wrote it back to the STB, it did not work. All my guide info was gone, and that channel did not work. I converted it to .cha file and I also tried just writing direct from channel master, but it did not work either way. Am I missing something???

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2316
This is one I'll have to defer to someone else. I don't know what if anything you are missing. I've edited channels changing just that and they have worked. BUT I've only done that with PANSATS. I do know that if you are using DishPro LNB's you have to use the list specifically designated for DishPro LNBs, but as I understand it, you scanned the birds and then uploaded the file from your stb using Channel Master.

Like I've said, that is the same proceedure I use for Pansats, because I don't edit my list on my viewsats. Let me try it tomorrow and I'll let you know if it worked for me on the viewsat.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 276
Sup Yo why you are so lazy man . forget about your channel list . it takes 30 sec to scan a sat .and you will avoid all your trouble. i dont know why you poeple insist on channel lists.do yourself a big favor and scan scan scan scan .u wil be able to do anything you want .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I did do the scan. It's not about being lazy or not. It's about my local channels. When I scan they are not in the correct order, and the only way to put them in the correct order is to modify your own scanned list.

If I was being lazy, then I wouldn't even worry about putting my locals in the correct order, I would just leave them as they are.

So, before you speak, understand the situation at hand.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 281
Sup Yo reflash your receiver , rescan and see what happen .
and go to menu - channel edit -and move your channels to whereever you want them. make sure to save by pressing yes when you are asked to . and let me know. i will do some search for you tomorrow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us