Pansat 2700a

Username: Wilf

Post Number: 2
I am very new at all this, so on my earlier message I did not explain properly. On my 2700a I was having trouble finding my signal so I decided to delete 110 and 119 and thought when I re loaded it that those two satelites would be programed back in. Not so,now I need to find out how to get them back into my satelite list. Any one with the answer? Would really appreciate it. The company I purchased it from that was to supply support turned out to be a scam.Would really appreciate your help. Thanks Mackeralman

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 871
Read the Pansat set up guide here..

Total Newbie instruction software - setup for 2700A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tweaked, combined and added some detail that may answer some questions for the first time FTA testers.

DO NOT run the Downloader from the zip file. Unzip the files to a folder, then proceed with the instructions below....

PLEASE.......Read the instructions first. Then Download the "UT Pansat 2700A only.zip" file at the bottom which contain both applications, or download the individule application depending on your needs.

Here we Go :

1). Turn your 2700 "OFF" via rear switch.
2). Connect the RS232C null modem cable to the receiver and Com1 port of your computer. (Use Com2 if not Com1 is not available).
3). Plug in the receiver, Turn your 2700 "ON" via the rear switch, and see that the "On" is indicated on the LED on the receiver.
4). Run the Downloader (GTRom Loader v3[1].35 [pansat2700A].exe) from the new created folder.
5. Click the App File only button, browser and select the "latest update" file,example X-87BL_050901_114_api then click the Open button.
6. Double check and make sure the cable is securely connected.
7. Click the Download button, wait until the "Download Completed!!" is displayed. Watch the LED on the receiver, it should reboot itself, wait until the "On" display.
8). Wait for unit to finish flash, DO NOT INTERUPT!
9). When receiver reboots and displays "On" You are done with the software update.

NOTE; The channel list provided is working5 by Wingnutt101 for LEGACY lnbs ONLY !!!
10). To load a channel list on your 2700, start & run the application Ch Editor187 (Pansat 2700A)
11). When Pansat Channel Editor 2700a appears, click file, open, select the channel list working5-legacy-2700
12). At the top of the screen click where it says "Tools" and goto "Connect to receiver' Then click "Download"
13). Wait till finished and unit will reboot to channel 0001. Your Pansat 2700 is now flashed and a Legacy Dishnet channel list has been loaded.
14). Wait for unit to finish flash, DO NOT INTERUPT!
15). Turn your 2700 "OFF" via rear switch.
16). Unplug and disconnect receiver from PC

Connecting the receiver to the TV.
17). Connect all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, connect the R6 Cable from the dish to the IF input of the receiver. Plug in the power cord from the receiver to an AC outlet.
18). You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.

Satellite Setup.
Note : I removed the SW21 then I connected my Dish 500 Duel legacy LNB 119 cable to the LNB1 of the DISEqC, then I connected my LNB 110 cable to the LNB2 of the DISEqC switch. The FTAs are not compatible with SW21s.
19). Goto the Installation Option, enter "0000" for password
20). Goto the Antenna setup Option,
21). Select satellite you want (birds Echo8.6/Ku at 110W and Echo7/Ku at 119W are the Dishnet birds), press the OK button. DO NOT select more then one satellite if you only have one satellite.
22). LNB Type: select "Standard"
23). LNB Local-Freq: enter "11250"
24). 22kHz: OFF
25). See above note: DiSeqC: 0, if you have two lnbs on the dish or two dish then change it to the correct lnb #1, #2, so on...
26). Skew: 45
27). TP: leave it as is
28). Check the Level= highest as you can, and Quality= highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength)
29). If you get no quality level on these transponders, try others before giving up. Not all transponders are transmitting all the time. MAKE SURE THE CABLE IS PLUGGED INTO THE "IF INPUT" PORT ON THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER! Plug the other end directly into the LNB on your Dish.
30). Readjust your dish if you still not getting any quality signal
31). Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting

Note: this step is not required if you used the working5-legacy-2700 in steps 10 through 16
Scanning for Channels(10 minutes)
32). Go back to the Installation Menu
33). Go to Satellite Scan, press OK, select the satellite to scan using the left or right vol button(it should turn RED). Press OK to start the scanning.

WATCH TV!

You can now go back to your channel list and delete all of the channels that are duplicate, and bad or scramble error. they are "Ghost Channels".

Hope this helps someone and save them from scratching their heads !

Good Luck and Happy Testing !

Post Number: 3
Thanks, Everything works great until I try to open the channel list 110_119 it won`t open .I don`t understand The NOTE The channel list provided is working 5 by Wingnutt 101for LEGACY INBS only. So that is where I am stoped. Regards Mackeralman

Silver Member

Post Number: 879
Forget the channel list...do sat scans instead!

Post Number: 4
A Great Big thankyou to you LK. You have been very helpful and I really appreciate your help.Iam now up and running with only one problem and I don`t know what to do about it. Pretty well ever since I had my 2700 the channel numbers are screwed up. When I press the ( GO BACK ) button everything is good for about 15 or so channels and then it will jump to 8807 or 9965 or whatever. The channel is OK but just the LED readout on the unit and the display on the TV are wacky. If for example I key in channel 123 on my remote I might get a 854 readout and God knows what channel that might be. Can you help me with this problem. If not I will just have to learn to live wilh it, and oh yes by the way when it screws up I just hit the go back button a couple of times and it will read the same channel that is on tv and then good for another few channels. Redownloading the latest fix does not help Thanks for your time Mackeralman

Silver Member

Post Number: 887
Works on all Pansat Series. Might take a few try's to get it to work.

1. Delete ALL channels on ird.

2. Go into SAT Edit and rename your Dish 110 to ECHO 110 and rename Dish 119 to ECHO 119. (the space between ECHO and 110 is important!)

3. do a BLIND scan on each sat, ECHO 110 & ECHO 119. (Takes At least 10 min per sat) NOTE: My 2700 got "hung up" during a blind scan, I stopped, deleted the partially loaded channel list, for that SAT only, re scanned to 100%, all ok.

4. When complete, push SAT button on remote, you will now have a choice you have not previously had "ECHOSTAR PACKAGE"

5. Select ECHOSTAR PACKAGE and select any channel. This will convert EPG Button to ECHOSTAR PACKAGE and your epg will match match D**H Network channels. ( provided you are pointed at 110 and 119)

After doing this, you will see there is no need to load a channel list and epg works fast on most channels, slow to come up on others.

Anonymous

To LK, this information has been extremely helpful to me. Just want to thank you for constantly helping so many of us.

Post Number: 5
LK thanks again for all your help but I cannot get this channel thing to work right. Did the exercise about 5 times and when I load ECHO 110 I get 345 channels and I know that is not right so if you have any more ideas I would welcome them and if not thankyou very very much for all your support. You have been a great help. Thanks again Mackeralman

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
Mack...this will work 100% ...be persistent..just do it to both satellites U have

ghris
Unregistered guest
where do i get the latest bin

Post Number: 6
LK I am only using one dish and one LNB, ECHO 110 When I do the BLIND scan with 119 it loads the 110 programs.or should I just be doing the BLIND scan on ECHO 110? Thanks Mack

Silver Member

Post Number: 924
If U ONLY have the 110 LNB,then no need to scan the 119..U're never going to get the 119 channels, if U don't have an LNB aimed at it..its IMPOSSIBLE!

Purpose of a scan is to "capture" and receive the transponders and channels on the satellite/s U are scanning which would be the satellite/s that U have LNB/s aimed at..

Post Number: 7
Thanks LK. No at this point and time I am only concerned about is getting 110 up and running properly and get everything working and in the spring I will go up on the roof when the snow goes and re aline the dish so that I will be able to get 119. I have no intentions to have both 110 and 119. If I get either one of them I will be happy. Will go to work on 110 again for now and see how that works. Again thank you for all your help. Mack

Username: Mkvl1490

Baltimore, Maryland U.S

Post Number: 1
My reciever is not working and I need new keys badly because i want to see the fight

Post Number: 8
LK, If you are getting tired of my problem then please let me know,
Here is what Iam doing ( about 20 )times today and still no go.
I went in and renamed the satellite to ECHO 110
Select Menue on the remote
select channel EDIT
put in password
curser down to Delete and delete all channels
After all channels are deleted
a screen comes up and I select English
Then select Installation
Then select Blind Scan
select ECHO 110
Then curser down to SCAN and hit OK
When it is all finished I exit and selectECHOSTAR PACRAGE and select a channel.
This is what I do and still NO GO What am I doing wrong? Many Thanks Again Mack

andy245
Unregistered guest
please the fight is starting i need new keys plssssssssssss everything is scrambled does anyone have the new keys that would be great pls guys hurry

Bronze Member
Username: Babakhan

Post Number: 99
DishNetwork
Key : 9E 5B 7A 77 C0 FE 91 CA 4D 2A DC 33 D4 CD E3 75 Active

Bell ExpressVu
Key : 02 FE F9 47 64 26 14 EB 3F 03 95 C5 B3 09 C1 1E Active

Silver Member

Post Number: 936
Mack...read it again...U are not following the instructions!...in this hobby, U must do exactly as stated..

FIRST delete the channels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN rename the sat to Echo 110 or anything U want

blind scan the 110

press SAT on remote

then select 'echopackage"

Now channels are in dishnet order!

Anonymous

I suddenly lost the signal with a pansat 2700 yesterday night. I checked and I have Level: 32% and Quality: 0%
I turn off the unit from the back switch and wait but still no signal
Could someone help me

Post Number: 9
LK , This should qualify for the stupid question of the day! After the Blind Scan and it finishes loading all the channels I must then exit back out and then press SAT on the remote and then select ECHO PACKAGE Is that right?
Thanks Mack

Username: Thedove

Post Number: 2
my pansat 2700A is working good, but sometime when i change the channel i get a no signel message on the tv screen. I change it back to the channel i was just on and the same thing happens. No Signel. I have a dishnet 500 that was installed by them. did not change anything just pluged in the receiver. what can i do to stop this. do i need to change something on the setting on the receiver or the dish. Please help!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 942
They (dishnetwork personnel) probably used sw 21 switches that are NOT compatable with FTA receivers..U need to change to disque switch..

its definitely a switch issue!

Post Number: 10
LK , This should qualify for the stupid question of the day! After the Blind Scan and it finishes loading all the channels I must then exit back out and then press SAT on the remote and then select ECHO PACKAGE Is that right?
Thanks Mack

Silver Member

Post Number: 946
yes...U must try things yourself too..

Post Number: 3
Thanks alot LK i will try to use the disque switch

Post Number: 4
Can I use the echo7 and the echo 8 with only one sat dish or do i need another dish. am using dishnet 500 now!!! Thank for any info

Silver Member

Post Number: 956
Its NOT the number of dishes...U need 1 LNB for each satellite U want...a LNB looks like an "eye" with a white plastic covering...

this is a twin...it has 2 'eyes" (round things)...it gets 2 satellites...below it is a sinle or dual (they only have 1 "eye" and get 1 satellite)

Upload

Upload

Post Number: 5
Thanks for all the help lk. but do i need to run two different cable wires for each LNB i have to the disque or is just one ok. i have the one with two LNB on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks LK, You have taught me a great deal and I really appreciate it. Was not able to sort the screwed up channel thing and did everything as you directed but no go any way maybe Ican continue to try things and to keep doing the scan and who knows what will happen. Getting a great picture so we are not too bad off so thanks again. By the way normally how many channels are on ECHO110. Ikeep getting 345. Catch you later. Mack

Silver Member

Post Number: 972
sounds right...good luck...suggest U use www.dsscommunity.c om/forums or www.dsstester.c om/forums for all future posts, questions, manuals and guides, and files..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
LK Again A GREAT BIG THANKYOU
Mack

Silver Member

Post Number: 974
Mike..U run 1 cable for each receiver if U have the TWIN "2 eyes" LNB and they MUST be joined together with 1 cover into 1 unit as shown above..the 1 cable has 2 satellites that U aimed at..so 1 receiver 1 cable...2 receivers 2 cables.

BTW...run the cable DIRECTLY from LNB to receiver...IF U have the TWIN , it has an interior switch...U do NOT use anymore switches now, unless u were to add a 3rd LNB..and hopefully your TWIN is a "Dish Pro" cause if its NOT it will NOT work well on a FTA receiver..if Dish pro , it says it right on it..if not,then its a Legacy with a built in sw21 switch made for dishnet receivers, NOT FTA receivers...they usually won't work on FTA,but if they do, they suck and have problems changing channels as U describe..the ONLY fix for that is to buy new LNB's..

jon jon
Unregistered guest
Hello, if you have a legacy twin, will it work on my cool*sat 5000? it has legacy on the satellite setup menu?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us