To FTA Gurus

Username: Barangay

Detroit, MI U.S.A

Post Number: 2
Hi All, I a newbie here at least a week old and I have been reading all of every kinds of topic regarding FTA Receivers. I found out that mostly not all are the same..meaning the way you load the BIN's and STB's. To clarify these things correctly I am asking all GURUS to share some advice. I saw one topic how to use CO*LS*T loaders with STEP by STEP guide from THIL1951 or from somebody else. Load the BIN's/ STB's. That helps me a lot when I read it and find so simple just like the good old days (DTV - wherein you insert the card to programmer and load the BIN is that simple and watch T.V. So, I got couple more question before I applied it to all GURUS or knows how to:

1). Run the Loader
2). Load the STB's or BINS

Is these the only steps? or there are more, If so PLEASE GURUS HELP US an give us the steps if for some reason we missed.

THANKS TO ALL ADVICE THAT YOU MAY SHARE.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 238
@MSy

FTA is even simpler than what we used to do to get DTV.

1. Loader is just a software that you download and then open it (run it).

2. When you get your receiver, in most cases you'll also get a data cable for it, if not, you can just buy it seperately ($14). Then you download the latest BIN file (widely available on all DSS sites). You connect your receiver to PC (using data cable), open the loader software, in the software you open the bin file, hit "Download" button on the loader, wait until it reaches 100% and thats that, watch TV.

This is all you have to do, granted you already have your dish pointed to the required birds.

Detroit, MI U.S.A

Post Number: 3
Thanks h3lt3r_sk3lt3r, I appreciatte your response.

I have DISH 500 dual LNB and pointing right now to 110', is that good enough? or should I get something (like a device available on the internet and add that in)Will I get all the channels after downloading the latest BIN. Even if pointed only to 110'.

Please advice. Thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 161
No you won't get "all" the channels. You probably want 110 and 119(Echo 7) which is possible with your DISH500. Use the link below to help align your dish, since you already have 110's signal it should be minor adjustments or maybe you already are tuned into 119. Now you just have to wire into your receiver. Do you have 2 dual LNBs or one twin? Or do you know the difference ?
http://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
@MSy

Do you mean a twin lnb or dual? Twin has 2 lnbs in one and is used to pick up 2 different sats, dual is one lnb with 2 outputs, used to pick up only 1 sat.

If you are aimed at 110 (and you have a TWIN lnb), 119 will more than likely come in automatically, if not then just adjust the scew. You will get all channels (110 and 119 if adjusted properly) when you flash your receiver with the latest bin (depending on which receiver you have.)

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
:-) ^I was still typing when Spanky posted^

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 163
At least we are thinking the same

Detroit, MI U.S.A

Post Number: 4
I have the DUAL (110 - 119 outlet). do I have to buy a splitter so they will be as one when I plug that in at the back of my receiver? Right now, I don't have receiver yet because I wanted to make sure before I buy it. Just like what happened to me on my 3700 receiver with ATMEGA 128 (black/green card), It died last September 30 (D*SH NETW*RK ENDED IT - CARD EXPIRES). By any chance do you know if this is totally DEAD already? Just wanted to make sure before I throw it away if it doesn't serves a purpose anymore. The way I see it the best 2 FTA are the P*NSAT's & CO*LSAT. I may get one of these today.

Thanks SPANKY FTA & h3lt3r_sk3lt3r for your response. Your help is very much appreciatted.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 424
DUAL outlet is for 2 receivers, it doesn't mean 2 satellites..how many LNB's (round things) at dish..1 LNB=1 satellite,2 LNB (TWIN ,its called) = 2 satellites

adding another LNB for T5
Unregistered guest
Since you guys are talking about different sats and different LNBs I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I have legit Dishnet and I can get 110, 119 and 121 thru their service. Is it possible for me to add another LNB to this dish and get T5 (97? If it is, what kind of LNB I buy? Is there a possiblity when I add the LNB, dishnet will find out and they come after me? Is it easy to add this LNB to a sat? All three (110,119 and 121) coming thru one cable now. Is it possible for me to add SAT T5 and still use only one wire coming into the house with all four SATs? Your help is needed and appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Decko

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 20
yes you need to have High End DiSeqC 2.0 4x1 Switch and Fortec Star Single Universal LNBF and point to 97 that all

Anonymous

my triple dtv dish was supposed to work but in the past ive gotten alot of bad DiSeqC 2.0 4x1 Switches,
i lose 119 everytime?............lame solution, OLD STYLE push button tv game vcr switch. gets high level and quality everytime,
signed,
Wile E. Coyote
SUPER GENIUS>>>>>>>

adding LNBF to get 97
Unregistered guest
Thanks Decko! Where do i get that single universal LNBF and what is the approx. cost? I'll probably bother you guys again with 'pointing the lnbf part'.

Detroit, MI U.S.A

Post Number: 7
Hi, I have a TWIN and I am pointed at 110 right now(direct connection) and all is well but If i add the DISEQC 4 x 1 switch so I can add another cable to get the 119. I dont have signal anymore even the 110 (say NO or BAD SIGNAL) I haven't touch my dish yet, I just installed the switch. Am I on the right path or do I have to move the dish so I can get the 110 again with the switch?

Or is my SWITCH is BAD? it came with it when I bought my C*OLSAT.

Please need and advice. Thanks again for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 485
a TWIN DP LNB (says DP on the LNB and has 2 round big "eyes" all in 1 housing) gets 2 satellites 110 AND 119 and 1 cable output for each receiver (has 2 outputs for 2 different receivers) and has built in disque switches ...so U don't need another cable or the disque switch..just move the dish so U get BOTH the 110 and 119..

and U can't use a twin legacy LNB..those are for Dishnet receivers,NOT FTA..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us