Buying a Samsung DLP

Username: Rb0049

Post Number: 4
So I narrowed down my search to a Samsung HL-R4266W or HL-R4667W.

Both supports up to 720p.

Shoud I be concerned it doesn't support 1080i and 1080p(i know 1080p is still new)?

And how would that affect my HDTV experience in the future?

If you know of a good DLP TV for recommendation please feel free to suggest one. (around 42"-46" range).

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 209
rob,

You have a misunderstanding about supported formats.

Both sets are actually native 720P displays. This means they will accept any format and scale it to 720P. This includes 1080I.

There isn't a single network broadcasting 1080P and there probably won't be for many years. Sets with native 1080P displays are scaling input signals to 1080P.

I like the R4667. Bigger is better with HD.

Username: Rb0049

Post Number: 5
oh okay. thanks for the clear up.

DanF
Unregistered guest
I'm looking at two Samsung DLP: HL-R5667W and HL-5677W. What are the pros and cons of these sets. I care more about picture quality and stability than features such as 2 tuners for PIP. Also phyical size doesn't matter since its going into a 20 x 20 room. This room also gets plenty of sunlight. Are there other sets I should be looking to buy instead? Thanks in advance for any information.

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 204
I'd steer clear of DLP or RPLCD unless you do not mind spending 10-15% of the TVs cost every year or two for proj bulb replacement. Too many issues.

Find a decent RP CRT set save a bunch then with your savings in a few years buy an established fixed pixel technology. Otherwise go for a Plasma today if you have to have the few HD broadcasts available.

Against the Rant
Unregistered guest
Don't believe tom bong!
He's a ranting repetative idiot.

I'm not sure why he keeps repeating false information. It seems more like a self affirmation of his own propaganda.

He acts like he's on some kind of self appointed mission to save us from technology advances.

What a total moron!

Buy what you want, when you want it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us