BenQ PB7100

Username: Backergolf

Post Number: 1
I want an entry level home theater projector. Most of the websites that I have reviewed state the 2 most important qualities of a projector are Lumens and Contrast ratio. I have reviewed alot of different projectors that are $3500+ in price, but the BenQ7100 for about $1300.00 has a better lumens and contrast ratio(including DLP technology). It has a 1800 lumens brightness and a 2000:1 contrast ratio (both ANSI). Am I missing something????

D.Monk
Unregistered guest
Hi Scott. I have been doing extensive reading on the site WWW>projectorcentral.com for about 3 years now, and this christmas I finally took the plunge and bought a Sanyo Z2 WXGA front projector for $2600 Canadian. I think they are 2K in the US. This projector gives a bright detailed and remarkable picture for the price, in a darkened (not Black) room. It comes highly reccomended on the mentioned site, by reviewers who have seen them all. This reviewers input is as valuable as the specs. Specs can mislead. My projector is rated at only 800 ansi lumens, and a contrast ratio of 1300 to 1. There are better specs , but few better pictures for the money. It is LCD, not DLP. If you can go somewhere and see this projector in action I highly reccomend it. Also, check out the site for their "highly reccomended list, their top 10 lists, and all the specs on all the hot new projectors. Personally I believe a lot of people would not even be talking about or thinking about RPTVs if they even once saw this projector inaction. It truly rocks. D.M.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us