Samsung HLP5685W

Username: Lupo

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased a Samsung HLP5685W...and I have to say I love the picture. My cable provider does not support the hdmi/dvi connection yet so I am still using component hdtv plugs. The picture is very bright and I also purchased the 841 DVD player from Samsung$195.00 from PC Richards & Sons(new York store). It will upconvert the signal to hdtv. There is a stand for this TV #TR85X..but is still too new. Stand Cost $500.00 on internet.

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
Doesn't this TV upconvert signals to 720p?? I'm thinking of buying the same TV - why do I need an upconverting DVD player??

Bronze Member
Username: Tmskilz

Post Number: 47
Good question Scott.

Richard have you fine tuned the color settings on your set? If you need assistance you should look into Sound & Magazine's Audio/Vedio DVD. Gives & shows you step-by-step instructions on fine tuning your audio & video sets.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
My bad, I made a typo, it's called
" Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-up " DVD, sorry for that. It's available through Amazon.com
and you can also get more info on it @ the following link...
www.hometheatertuneup.com

Hope this helps.

:-)

Post Number: 2
While the TV supports numerous formats..480p, 480i, 720p, 1080 etc., etc.I don't think that if you put an old dvd player....especially one that is not progressive scan...and one that doesn't have a true hdtv connection...then the tv will not help you. I have called Samsung Tech Service (in NJ, and spoke to a level two tech)They are very helpful and very knowledgable. They helped me set up my DVD Player. I have not messed with the color settings. Right now I watch programs in Cinema Mode.

Post Number: 3
Does anyone have Voom Service..I think I am going to switch....from Time Warner....the cost for two rooms woukld be $120.00(with taxes included) a month and they have like 30 HDTV channels...it is a no brainer....any input?

Username: Mtcpa

Post Number: 3
just recieved my 5085 "captain kirk" model yesterday and also have the samsung TS360 HDTV directv reciever. have them hooked up with component cables (3 of them) from the reciever to the TV. is this the best way to go to get the best picture? also, what settings do i need to do to get the best quality picture availabe thorugh directv? i did go ahead and get their HD programming but only a couple of channels come in HD right now. really got the tv to watch the NFL games that will be broadcast in HDTV through my reciever.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"Does anyone have Voom Service..I think I am going to switch....from Time Warner....the cost for two rooms woukld be $120.00(with taxes included) a month and they have like 30 HDTV channels...it is a no brainer....any input?"

Yes, READ THE FINE PRINT! Voom has the best selection of HD but they demand you provide an automatic withdrawal from your bank account and are very reluctant to stop billing you when you discontinue their service. In addition getting a refund from them is like winning the state lottery. Just be careful and be sure you want to keep VOOM for quite awhile.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 4
doug,
you have to check the back of your direct tv receiver box and see if it has a dvi or hdmi connectoion. The dvi would be better than the 3 cables you are now using, but it is video only.
The hdmi is the next step up as it offers the best Video /audio connection. These cables would run about 70.00 for hdmi (the best possible connection)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
I just saw the infomercial for "Vo0m", looks impressive.

Have to look into what xvxvxvx posted about their billing methods & services.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us