Problems using DVI cables with Samsung HDTV receiver SIR-TS360 and Sony KF50WE610

Username: Thinh_tran

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I just purchased both these items but I am having problems connecting with the DVI cable from the Samsung/DirectTV SIR-TS360 receiver to my Sony KF50WE610. I'ved used two different DVI cables (one Monster, the other that came with the receiver) but neither of them displays any picture at all. Do you think there is a problem with my equipment? It is all new. Do I need to change a setting? Thanks!!!

belgian
Unregistered guest
No closed caption on Direct TV HD programs.
Samsung 360, Samsung verified in their lab.
Help, anyone with another brand would appreciate feedback if you get captions with Direct TV on Hi Def programs. Believe it to be Direct TV problem. any info out there on this?? Program guide shows CC. belgian

Charlie Smith
Unregistered guest
I'm having the same problem. I just bought a brand new SIR-TS360 and a DVI/HDMI cable to connect to my new Mitsubishi 62" DLP tv. I get nothing with the DVI cable, but component cables are working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Unforgivn

Post Number: 12
switch the output on the 360 from to compontent to DVI, and need to change the source on the TV

Username: Thinh_tran

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Charlie -

I was able to resolve the problem. I had to restart the receiver and push the "output" button on the receiver itself. Let me know if that works for u. Or you might just try pushing the "output" button first before trying to reset. Good luck.

Username: Omarty

Nashville , Tn

Post Number: 1
Just got a Samsung SIR-TS360 from Direct TV. They sent me a direct universal remote but none of the codes allow me to use the reciever with the direct TV remote. Does anyone know the codes for this reciever thanks will wright a review once I can access the features and menu thanks

Unregistered guest
Direct TV sent me a SIR-TS360 with a blue universal remote. None of the codes worked. They now tell me it is the wrong remote and will contact in a few days. What a bummer!!

gman68558
Unregistered guest
Thinh, you need to change a setting on the receiver to tell it you want the signal going out via DVI. Don't remember what it's called, but it's a button on the receiver (don't think you can do it from the remote). Check your manual for details.

Unregistered guest
Yesterday I got my second Samsung SIR-TS360, took the first back because the programming would blip off for a second and return, mostly with satillite reception but sometimes with off air reception. The new box seems to be starting to do the same. This problem affects audio also which is handled through a Sony home theatre reciever. The problem does not happen on my older Direct TV receiver. Any ideas where the problem lies?

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Samsung SIR-TS360 and am having the same problems as Mark A. Programming blips off for 2 - 3 seconds and comes back. Have only tried DirecTV (no off air) so far, happens for normal and HD channels. No issues with previous receiver or other receivers in the house.

Any suggestions, other than bringing it back?

David G.
Unregistered guest
The 2-3 second blank screen is caused by a recent Direct TV software update. The Samsung SIR-TS360 did not react well to the update. You can contact Direct TV Tech Support to get a resolution.

KevDog
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem and DirecTv told me that it is a communication error between the card and the receiver and that there were a number of bad TS360's that went out to customers. Without hassle, they sent me a new TS360 in 2-3 days and I only need to send them back my old receiver, and obviously, on their dime. I haven't hooked it up yet, but I'll let you know if I have any of the same problems.

Mike in Tucson
Unregistered guest
It's an epidemic. I'm having the same problem as Mark A and Craig M. On DirecTV, screen and audio will flash blank for 2-3 seconds, then return. Other times, I will get a DirecTV error message to call ex. 745. I called they had no solution, but to say the card may not be holding the signal. Have to hit the red reset button by the card to reboot. Do these units have a history of overheating? Is not happening on my standard DirecTV boxes or on the over the air signal through the Samsung unit. The unit delivers an outstanding HD image to my Aquos, but I'm frustrated by the inconsistencies. Any thoughts?

KevDog
Unregistered guest
Mike, when you call DirecTV, ask to be transferred to the HD Department. The lady I talked to was very helpful and she sent me a new reciever in 2-3 days. I had the same 2-3 second delay and also the same error message ex. 745.

Username: Scapi

Mount Washington, KY USA

Post Number: 2
Called myself today, received the same results, new receiver on the way. The original receiver was purchased at Best Buy but is being replaced by DirecTV. Will have to ship my current receiver back prepaid to DirecTV. The problem is with the 1.12 upgrade, the new receiver will not have the upgrade.

Unregistered guest
Success! I was ready to take unit #4 back and forget about it. I rearranged the unit in the stack of components to the top to allow more ventilation. It works fine. No picture dropouts. It has been working for a week. Never had any 745 problems with this unit. Try well ventilated position.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us