Toshiba 72 MX195

Username: Jamco

Post Number: 1
I own a 72 Mx195.

I've had the light engine replace once, because of a loud sqeeling noise eminating from it.

I recently noticed a shadow that runs diag. from the bottom right of the screen towords the top left that I have never noticed before.

My question is, is this normal or could this be another light engine or something else?

I tried to contact Toshiba, but all I get is recorded messages, and over 2 hour wait time on the phone.

Thank you in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 49
Pull the screen. It's sounds like some kind of trash in the optics. Cobwebs have been know to produce strange shadows in the picture.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Steve, but do you think that cob webs would accumilate in within 6 months, or anything else??

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 57
I don't know. The reason I say it sounds like something in the optics is, "electronic shadows" are usually linear in shape and run on the trailing edges of images. They will show up on the right side of the screen from top to bottom. The fact that you have one that's left to right and top to bottom makes me think it might be something with the optics. Post a good picture of it. If the set is only 6 months old and under warranty, don't fool with it and call the same guy that did the first repair.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Steve that's what I will do.

Username: Chardy

Post Number: 3
Sam, I don't know where you live but try this number 1 800 268 3404 and ask for Quammy he works for Toshiba. He's very knowledgable and helped me out with all my questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us