RCA HD DLP - HELP FAST!!!

Username: N_pierce

FL

Post Number: 1
Ugh! We bought an RCA HD DLP (HD50LPw175yx1) in 01/2006. It has already been brought in for "reapir". The first time (after only 5 months of use, was to replace the light engine. Now we are seeing something weird w/ the picture. In a lot of darker shots on DVD's or with regular television, it looks like there is shadowing on faces and almost like a swirling rainbow effect. SOrt of like if you push your finger against the screen and it "swirls" out but has colors in it. Hard to explain but looks awful!!!
The "repair" people who handle RCA in our area say it's the BrightHouse / Time Warner receiver. Nope. Then maybe our DVD player - nope.
Any ideas???? RCA (Thomson) hasn't been the most helpful. If it goes in for repair again we apparently get a new tv. What if the same thing happens again??
Nikki

Username: Dave_rave

LondonUk

Post Number: 3
i also have a television with colour problems and
shading although not the same make as yours,and i
have just bought the service manual and i have
learnt that there is a special service mode with
these televisions,in other words when the light
engine is replaced the engineer should call up the service mode and setup the correct parameters
for the new light engine otherwise the picture will not be correct,normally all the parameters
should be set to default settings as the television would have been when it left the factory,so i would say in your situation the engineer should come back and set your television up as the service manual states.

Username: Shayway

Post Number: 1
The swirling is called "Rainbow Effect".
It's the most common complaint of DLP owners.

See Hewlett-Packard "Wobulator".

Shay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us