Are these RCA Direct TV Boxes w/1 card worth anything?

Username: Serendipity14

Post Number: 1
HI. I have 2 RCA Satellite receivers model number drd430rg, and drd420re, and one blue card with the picture of the card below. Can anyone direct me where I can sell these for a reasonable price, or maybe I will just try on Ebay. Isn't the card worth something? Thanks so much for your help.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Header108

Post Number: 19
You can use the card for a Ice Scraper and use the box for a door stop!!!

Username: Serendipity14

Post Number: 2
Well that doesn't sound very nice of you. What does that mean? They are outdated or something. Could you be more specific?

Silver Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 107
that means they are useless kathryn. i personally have 7 RCA receivers and five HU cards. They are collecting dust in my garage.

Bronze Member
Username: Culon61

Post Number: 24
They are worthless now. The card used to cost $100 each 3 year ago, but now it is worthless because DTV changed to a new card and no one able to hack it yet !!!

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 150
The card has the same value as a piece of plastic with some metal stuck on it. It cannot receive/decode any TV signal. Ever.
It has no commercial value, so it really can only serve as a mini ice scraper for your car's window if you live in a snow belt region...

DTV is using different technology.

Might as well throw it all away. If you were offered $5 - TAKE IT.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 362
Kathryn...

As the other guys said, the cards are useless....

The receivers may work if you can get a P5 card and a legal subscription to DTV..........

Silver Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 152
Nobody is willing to pay for DTV receivers (for a legal sub) when you can FREE receivers from DTV when you sign for a sub...

The reason why people still buy used Dish receivers is because DN has been cracked and they are using the receiver for hacking purposes. If DN was locked up tight like DTV, then there would be no market for used receivers there either.

Her card is worth nothing and the receivers worth nothing.

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 94
I have heard somewhere they can be used for XM radio or something. Anyone know if this is true?

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 95
mkay, yup, XM is a go on these boxes w/card in on 101o About 60 radio channels. No tv tho So i would say worth more than an ice scraper, but less than a pizza and a 6 pack :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us