Cable Card Not Working After TW Firware Upgrade

Username: Mo_geezer

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 1
I have the Sony KDF42WE655 HD set - purchased 1-06. I had Time Warner Cable here in K C install their Cable Card. It would not hold HD signal. Sony did a firmware update and replaced the Q Box in January. Once done the Scientific Atlanta Cable Card has been working GREAT!.

On Wednesday, Time Warner did a firmware update on their system. Now the Cable Card does not work. All HD channels that were working perfectly, now show No Signal! The T W tech came out yesterday - he checked signal and tried two different Cable Cards. Nothing worked - no error messages show.

Has anyone else experience this? I have spoken to Sony and they had no idea. TW is sending a level 2 tech to try and correct problem. They hooked up a HD STB as temp. fix and it works fine. Reading the threads here - it seems Sony has a history of CC problems, but this one has everyone at wits end. Thanks for any ideas.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 816
Sounds like you need to have your local provider come back out and try a new card one last time. Pay close attention to the CP information screen and see if you have recieved CP authorization and how many EMM's you get.

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 2
Cableguy - thanks for the input. I received a call last evening from a senior Time Warner tech. Their firmware update last Tuesday messed up 60 cards here in K C. They have created a patch and will be sending it through this evening to correct this problem. Hope all goes well.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 818
keep us posted please

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 3
Cableguy - Yes, will keep you posted here. Have been dealing with T W this AM. Nothing had changed on my end and they finally admitted that patch did not go through properly. Again, thanks.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 820
ask them if they can pre-stage a card for you at their office that has the patch. It wouldn't hurt to ask, and if they can it will ensure you have a working card to start with.

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 4
Their patch is not working, so far. Have spoken to one of their senior techs twice today. If they get other cards working and not mine, then I will request that a pre-staged card be brought out. For now, I am running a split: One cable to Sony HD TV with cable card - One cable to HD STB so we can watch HD plus get cable card patch. Cleared it with T W and it does work.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 824
prestaging is your best option at this point.

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 5
Thanks, I will be talking to T W today and will discuss this with them. Their firmware update really has caused them problems here in K C.

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 6
Update: Time Warner sent their firmware patch through last night. Cable Card is now working properly, as before. Thank goodness!

cableguy - Thank you for your assistance and input.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 828
glad to hear it's working properly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us