Help! TV screen is turning off and on every few seconds with HDMI; no problems with component

Username: Jgonsoul

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I just installed a 42" panasonic plasma (the 60 model) with a Cox SA HD/DVR cable box. Initially, I had the component cables, but I switched to the hdmi cable last night (from monoprice!) and everything worked great. Then we had major storms last night and the power went out. This morning, I reset the date and time on the TV, but the TV screen (not the TV itself) just kept turning off and on every few seconds. I tried turning the power off and on on the cable box (through the remote), with no luck. I also switched the hdmi cable (I bought 2), and also tried switching the cable to the hdmi 2 input, again with the same problem. Screen off and on every few seconds. Then I reinstalled the component cables, and everything was great. But when I switched back to hdmi, same problem with the screen.

Any thoughts about what's going on and what I need to do? Would a hard reset of the cable box help? (How would that affect hdmi but not component?) Based on what I've done so far, I'm fairly certain the problem is not in the hdmi cables (because both are having the same problem, and one worked great last not) or the TV (because component is working, and the problem is the same on both hdmi inputs). Basically, the only thing that changes since last night was the power going out and having to turn on the cable box, so I'm not sure if there's just a special order that I need to turn things on or what?

Thank you for the help. I was in a panic when I left for work this morning, but I suspect that this isn't a major malfunction--just something that can be fixed with turning things off or on in the right order, or adjusting the inputs.

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 53
I always do a hard reset on the box, usually one of the first fix alls for issues like this. You may want to make sure the batteries aren't low in the remote as well. As amatter of fact, completely remove all remotes from the room to make sure their not causing this.

Keith
http://www.eHDMI.com
LCD, Plasma, and Projector Mounts Now Available

Username: Rocketpace

Post Number: 1
i am facing the same problem .. i dont know what you mean by a hard reset .. i did reset my TV, but the problem still seems to stay .. can you please help ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us