Ground Loop/Hum Bars problem - help

Username: 23tg

Post Number: 2
I think I have a ground loop issue with my new sony sxrd 50". Intermittent barely visible waves across the screen (usually right to left or vice versa). Is this a hum bar or should a hum bar only go up or down on the screen? I isolated the cables from each other and think it may be the HD/DVR box (SA 8000). Either that or the component connection (which doesn't make sense). I am waiting for a new box from comcast, which I hope will help. If not, are there any solutions? Would anyone recommend one of those ground loop video isolators (which seem to run around $50-100). If that will help, it's worth the price. Thanks for any info.

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 28
Have you bypassed the box and hooked cable straight to the tv? If so, what changes did you see if any?

Post Number: 3
I did connect the cable directly to the TV and I think it went away. I am going to try it again. I also just noticed intermittent hum from my computers subwoofer. Comcast is coming out to activate the DVI on my current box and I will just get a new one. Another thought is to try my other HD box on this TV. I have the other HD box hooked up to a smaller LCD TV without any issues. I guess comcast gave me a crappy refurb HD/DVR box. Thanks for the reply

Post Number: 4
connected cable directly to the tv again and hum bars are there, only they go from top to bottom with the cable directly connected and from left to right thru the cable box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us