JVC HD-ILA 61Z786 green flickering lines using HDMI cables

Username: Tucsonjvc

Post Number: 1
Hello! I have a JVC 61Z786 and I'm having problems when I use the HDMI connection viewing a DVD up converted to 1080i I get green flickers in the left side of screen. They look like vertical lines or like a hair about two to three inches long and they disappear. I've called JVC no answer to my voice mails.. I had to have the left amp for speaker repaired under warranty and the tech had no clue of why it was doing this.. I've tried 3 different brand up converts DVD players and 4 different HMDI cables even paid $120 for monster cables but no luck.. It doesn't do this using composite cables. I've searched the site and no answers to be found.. Thanks for any help... It's driving me crazy...

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 554
You're not the first.

Since you tried different players and cables it's obviously the set's HDMI processor. I'm sure the component (Y, Pr, Pb) input will work fine, but it will probably defeat the up-convert process. DVI/HDMI isn't always better. It's different and new and quirky.

Your set is a 720P display. It will scale any input to 720P, which is all it displays. That means it will scale any reasonable 480i/480p DVD player to 720P probably as good if not better than any up-converting DVD player.

If you get your green flicker resolved and insist on an up-converting DVD player using HDMI, you might want to set it to 720P because that is the only resolution your set displays. That way you will bypass an unnecessary scaling process in the set. (1080i to 720P)

Username: Tucsonjvc

Post Number: 4
I tried to reset the HDMI settings using service mode and still have the green and now I see black lines.. I think I'll try to get inside the tv to see if there is a loose connections.. Does anyone know if you can swap HDMI unit out from another smae model JVC TV? thanks..

DPs
Unregistered guest
Hey guys im having some problems too with my new hlr6168. Im noticing a lot of black lines when i watch m shows, especially cartoons.When something is in fast motion, i notice them, its really annoying, can you guys help me???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us