Need Advice on DLP/LCD TVs

Username: Nszczepanski

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a new HDTV either a LCD or a DLP. Here are the features, price range I am looking for and would like to have:

1. Less than $3k
2. Built in HD tuner
3. PIP
4. Computer compatible
5. DVI cable support and/or HDMI input
6. 50 inch or larger
7. 720p resolution or greater
8. 16.9 widescreen
9. Ability to run PS3 when it comes out (component video input instead of s-video)

Below are the models I am looking at.

Sony KDF-E50A10
Samsung 50" DLP HDTV (HL-R5067W)
Hitachi 50" HDTV (50VF820)
Samsung HL-R5067W
Hitachi 50VS810

If anyone has any other suggestions or models to stay away from let me know. I am leaning towards the Samsung HL-R5067 models when they come out in April. I am also one of those rare people who can't see the rainbow effect on DLPs. Thanks in advance!

NS

Bronze Member
Username: Hallen1007

Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 40
All of the RPTV technologies have pluses and minuses. It is what is acceptable to you which is the best Tv. For the record, I have the Hitachi 50v710 and have no issues. that said, no matter what model you get, get the EW. Circuit City seems to be fairly good about service, but Best Buy has been shaky. Tweeter is also okay, and do take your own dvd's with you when you preview the tv's, even your video games if you play them. I notice the SXRD's are not on your list, but if you wait a little while I am sure they will drop into your price range so do not forget about them. Give the Hitachi's a chance, I like their color better than the Samsungs, but the DLP black is a little better. i do not like the form factor of the Samsungs either. As for the Sony's, their customer service is very shaky, so again, get the EW. Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 970
Check out the JVC HD52G886. It fits all your needs, is 2" bigger than the other sets you list (52"), and can be found for around $2200.

I've had the previous model for over a year and I love it!

Silver Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 103
Sony 50A10 does not have PIP. Also it only has one HDMI input. The no PIP does not bother me, but I do wish it had another HDMI input for the DVD.

Username: Nszczepanski

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice all i will check these models out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us