Samsung HLN507W Replacement Lamp?

Username: Hammeerman

Post Number: 1
Okay, I've read the forum and there still seems to be some confusion on the replacement lamp.

The lamp number on the side of the TV is: BP96-00224C(P) but it appears this lamp has been replaced with the BP96-00224J. Also appears that this is a 120W lamp vs. the original 110W. And appears that a non-owner replaceable ballast comes with the new lamp.

Does anyone have the straight skinny on this situation? My TV is running on 18 months and I figured it might be useful to have a replacement lamp sitting around waiting.

Appreciate any insights!

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 510
It's about time!

Consider yourself lucky.
Lots of folks with no spare find their lamp on backorder.

I think 18 months is a nice stretch. Check your lamp hours sometime.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/183096.html

It's my understanding that the housings are exactly the same. The "C" had the 100W bulb and the "J" has the newer 100W/120W bulb. Both will fit in your model. The C and J are for China and Japan so Samsung knows where it came from. The cooler operating 100W/120W bulbs are made in Belgum and China. Lots are available for purchase at well below retail on eBay. Take your pick!

http://search.ebay.com/samsung-lamp_W0QQcatrefZC3QQfromZR2

Username: Hammeerman

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the quick response. Lamp hours 6347! I think that's pretty good but I will look out for a spare just in case.

I've seen others discussing the need for a new ballast if using the 120W lamp. Since it does not appear that the "C" lamp is available any longer should I assume that I will be replacing the ballast as well?

Appreciate the links! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 516
Absolutely not.

The lamp was made to work in 61 inch models too.
Each light engine has "dynamic" adjusting.

Username: Irishfred

Post Number: 1
Here is what I did:

My lamp was going out on my HLN507w - about 3500 hours. The problem that I had was it would sometimes not turn on. It would take a few attempts and then it would ignite.

This problem got worse, until it would not turn on at all. I decided to order a lamp. Got a new Toshiba lamp and put it in. It worked for about two hours, then it shut off.

I was back to the same problems as before. It would not ignite when powered on. It would go through three cycles, then "lock down" with three blinking lights. Unplugged it, then plugged it back in. Three attempts by the ballast to ignite the lamp, and again it failed. Three blinking lights...

So on my thrid attempt, I slapped the back of the t.v. It ignited when I did that. So... bad ballast, I thought.

Instead of springing for 170 for a ballast, and add 220 for the lamp, I went for the "Toshiba to Philips" conversion kit for a bargain price of 235 or so after tax and shipping.

The kit comes with a ballast, a Philips lamp, and a fan that is attached to a bracket. The fan is the same size as the DMD fan, but not as good of quality.

The lamp looks identical to the Toshiba lamp. The ballast that comes with the kit is smaller than the original ballast (only two of the four mounting holes will line up). The small fan, as stated before, is the same size as the DMD fan.

I decided to do this job myself - I thought that
it cannot be too hard - lots of room in there to work in. I'll let you know how it goes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us