Mosquito on my screen!

Username: Dwmmlm

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 4
Just got my 52inch Toshiba and near the bottom center portion of the screen is a spot that is about the size of a small mosquito. You can only see it when white shows on the screen, but now that I've noticed it, it's kind of distracting. It's behind the screen, what should I do?

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 5
Sorry, the Toshiba is a DLP.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 59
Sounds like a stuck mirror on the DMD chip. I have seen that before. What happens is the mirror either sticks and reflects light all the time (not as noticable) or it sticks directing light away from the chip, which produces a black spot. There is nothing you can do about it. I have heard that sometimes the mirror will "free up" and start working again.

Weston, FL United States

Post Number: 6
Check this out. After a few glasses of wine last night, I walked over to the TV and 'flicked' the spot on the screen. It must have been a piece of dust (cardboard, plastic, who knows) becasue one flick and it was gone. Who knew TV repair could be that easy!

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 826
The Toshiba has a 2 layer screen, and sometimes the layers will stick in a spot. Sometimes it is refered to as Waterspots or watermarks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us