Samsung HLN437W no power

Username: Pmtre

Milford, MA

Post Number: 1
Would like your help! My samsung HLN437W purchased in Dec. 2003. 3000+ hours used. Will not power up. Problem started a couple of weeks ago, screen freezing,wouldn't shut off either, unplugged and it fired up OK, same thing occurred a couple of times . Now will not turn on at all. The only post I've seen that's similar , indicates it might be a ciurcut board, Samsung Service was no help they said if its the board expect to pay $500.00 for the repair.(Ouch) Refered me to an authorized rep in East Providence RI, They haven't called me back. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Tom

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 167
Yea...that's what it sounds like.
Do you have your extended warranty policy handy?
Did you purchase with a credit card that would have extended the manufacturers warranty another year?

Milford, MA

Post Number: 2
I purchase my set with my AmExpress 11/27/03

Bronze Member
Username: Dapercy

Post Number: 16
You can call the number on the back of your card to see what your Buyer Assurance details are.

AMEX Blue Cash has a 1 year additional extended warranty that will be equivalent to the MFG's original warranty. It applies to purchases that have warranties of 5 years or less, that have a value of 10k or less, and that you paid the full purchase price with your AMEX.

Milford, MA

Post Number: 4
Started a claim with Am Express today.
They are asking for the : Original Receipt, Copy of the one year warranty,and a written estimate to repair. Downside is you must wait two weeeks fore the approval. This is the best option right now. Any other ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 175
Yes!

Pay for the repair with your Amex.
Then, when it gets approved they will take it off your statement before you pay it.

Bill Temple
Unregistered guest
I had no idea that credit card companies do that. Great information on this forum, guys.

Milford, MA

Post Number: 5
American Express Rocks! Just received a $982.53 credit on my card. This was the amount of the repair estimate I submitted with my claim. I was certainly skeptical they would honor the one year extended warranty that went into effect when I purchased the Sammy but they have. Thank You!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us