Archive through March 31, 2005

Username: Mustang_maniac

Seaside heights, New jersey Usa

Post Number: 4
just starting a new thread to see if anyone has any info regarding descrambling the analog or digital signals for cablevision. also looking for info regarding the digital filters and reset procedures for the digital cable boxes.

vnbuddy2002
Unregistered guest
I would like to know as well

X-mas Dude
Unregistered guest
yeah, me too

Anonymous

nothing for digial cable yet i work for the company

Theclue025564
Unregistered guest
for the person who works for them can you tell us the unlock code for cable for the explorer 4200 by scientific atlanta because that does unlock it and we can watch all the channels

Ron B
Unregistered guest
How about these? Ive been using em for a little over a year and everythings worked pretty good. I just hit a limit every month at 12 PPV's. I notice no difference in a boxing match and a regular movie so it works good enough for me.

haDDy DaDDy02
Unregistered guest
I bought a filter from that site about 2 months ago. I ordered a regular filter but really wanted the more expensive HPO filter. I sent them an email and they upgraded it at no extra cost so that got em some points.

Showed up and everything has been working good, but i notice my monthly PPV limit is about 30, probably because its the more expensive model.

The instructions on erasing the memory are pretty clear, but 30 PPVs is enough per month for me.

Unregistered guest
Hello, I don't understand exactly what you mean on PPV limits. What is the difference between a filter and a descrambler? Is there a possibility this will work with IO cable service?

Thanx in advance

Anonymous

the ppv limit haddy is speaking of is the # of ppv's he can order a month. Here's the diff between a descrambler and a filter. With digital cable, when u order a ppv it sends a high frequency signal back to the cable provider that tells them you ordered a movie, so they can bill you. The filter prevents this frequency from returning to the co. Descramblers are boxes that automatily decode the ppv movies without you pressing the "buy" button on the remote, these are typicaly only found on analog cable (older service where you only get channels from like 1 to 88). Filters are primarily used with digital cable. However you should be aware that the cable companys can detect if you have a filter by sending requests to the box for it to send back the high frequency signal (somewhere in the range that the ppv channels have. If they send this request to the box, and your box doesn't communicate that specific frequency back(the frequency blocked by filter) then they know you are probably using a filter. Once this is detected they will wanna come check your box out. They will usually come over unannounced with no warning. If you refuse to let them in, they can get law enforcment to force you to let them in. This is stipulated in the contract that you signed with them and is typical of all cable companies. I'm sure these policies vary from company to company, so it's probably a good idea to reread your cable contract before using one of these type of devices.

Anonymous Poster
Unregistered guest
Those of you using it, have you had any problems by the cable company? I have heard that the box stores a record of what movies you order(even though the filter stops that record from getting to the cable company), when they come to check it out, they read the box and charge your accordingly.

Unregistered guest
Hello:
question..Is a filter also used to receive non payper view premium channels on a digital box such as HBO and cinemax.

Anonymous

I just ordered Triple package from Cablevision. I have IO Silver package which only covers family cable and few HD channel. On first two days, however, I was able to watch Analog HBO, Stars, and HD HBO, SHOW, MAX..all those movie channels. I was like WOW until 2 days later. Now I see "Call this number for order" sign. Was I lucky for first two days or is it some kind of promotion?

Anonymous

Anonymous....does a filter also decode scrambled channels?

comcastsux
Unregistered guest
JT1 no the filter makes everything one way ... its ussually not used for analog signals ... but its a good idea to have one in case your tv gives back feed back when you view skinimax or HBO ... then if the cable company sees that your watching those channels they know it would be just static (unless you had a descrambler) ... then they come to ur house unexpected

comcastsux
Unregistered guest
o my bad the ppv filter is strictly for digital pay on demand cable ... i was talking about a strictly one way filter ... the ppv means "pay-per view" lol

this is to everyone ... i recomend you buy 2 of the ppv's that way if the mem dies on the 1st one the 2nd one will catch the 1st one messing up ... therefore giving you a better chance of not paying if you forget to wipe the mem

thefilterguy
Unregistered guest
So far, reviews on filters have been real good, even tho some people say they havnt worked for their system, but most say it works fine, just follow the instructions and use em exactly as they tell you and everything should be gold. If you screw it up and cant manage to screw it on right (you should check if your IQ is higher then 30 also) just return it.

As far as what comcastsux said, ordering two is probably a safer bet, screwing them into each other. I got mine from cableboxfilters because of that 90 day return policy and telephone support. Good luck all. Happy holidays.

Yah_it_works
Unregistered guest
What a bunch of scamming con artists. Filters don't work, your box locks up and if you think a magnet is going to erase the PPVs then you're one sorry moron who deserves to pay $25 for the $4 filter and the additional $350 to clear out your un-paid PPVs.

johnsooon
Unregistered guest
i have broadcast basic - does anything work out there to get family cable or higher?

CablePower
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me what other digital cable boxes will work on the Cablevision system besides Scientific Atlantic & Sony (which suck by the way)?

cablevision iO
Unregistered guest
My cable service provider is cablevision and I'm looking for a descramble for digital cable iO. If anyone has any info about where to find one can you please post the website on here
Thanks!

Anonymous

I have 2 digital cable boxes, but neither work.
I have a basic cable feed, but I still can't get
either box to work right. I think they may have been zapped before I got them. How can I reset or
fix the boxes? There are both scientific atlantic
digital boxes.

Raul24
Unregistered guest
Could anyone tell me where I could buy a good descrambler for Cablevision. I have analog cable.

ed123
Unregistered guest
raul 24, if you have analog cable i have a descrambler for you that works perfectly for analog cable.. post your emial adress and i will email you for more info.

Ron B
Unregistered guest
Well ive been using my filters more about a year now and each month after about 10-15 PPV's the box will lock up and not let me order anymore, but after i wait about a month, my box will unlock and ill be fine, so its like i get 10-15 orders a month for free. My buddy got one of those HPO filters and he can order like 30 before his locks up. I dont know if its because we have different boxes or because the HPO is actually better like it says. But you just get a certain many PPV's u can get a month, so once u hit that, have patience. Late fellas.

afewfawefa
Unregistered guest
is that really how they say to clear the memory? a magnet?!

Unregistered guest
Hey my email is Ravip80@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I've been using a descrambler/converter box for many years. This year my cable provider went digital and began shifting many of the PPV (sport events and movies) to higher channels. I bought a Tristar MX that goes up to 130 channels but it still can't get those higher stations. I've been waiting for a digital descrambler/converter box to appear but so far I haven't seen anything. Is there one available yet and if not, would a filter help me until one appears?

canadian
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if this digital cable filter will work on Canadian Digital Cable Receivers? I have a Scientific Atlantic 3200 receiver and my cable provider is Rogers Cable in Toronto. Does anyone have any idea it will work for me?

Anonymous

For those of you who want a digitial cable box, let me explain that you're waisting your time. The nature of the system will not allow you to defeat it, except for the PPV filters. Digital cable boxes send the cable company a signal that tells the company what channel you've requested.
This applies to all channels. The company then sends that channel to your home. You must have a box with an account number that the cable company recognizes. If not, you can't interact with the company and get the channels your box requests.

Anonymous

I only have the $11 cablevision package (analog cable, no box). Is there anything I can hook up to get more channels?

Anonymous

There are lots of boxes for Cablevision. The area that you live in will determine what box you need. Companies that sell these boxes will know what you need when you give them your cable company name and your location.

private name
Unregistered guest
Someone else asked about using these digital filters in canada but non one answered the question. I have the same question. Can these be used here in Canada with the Sciencific Atlantic 3200 receiver? I would be happy with 10-15PPV per month but then how do you get it to unlock. Sorry... I am a bit confused but would lvoe an answer.

axs granted
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how to neutralize those in-line traps? I have access to the pedestal but do not want to completely remove it (too obvious), just disable it so it LOOKS like it is filtering out the video channels like it is supposed to.

Anonymous

I was in the same situation. You can't neutralize it without opening the filter itself. Once open, you can "fix" the insides and close it up...hopefully looking intact. The "fix" involves simply de-tuning the trap so that it doesn't filter the channel. Or, you can replace it with another trap (if you can get one) that you have already "fixed."

Anonymous

One note on traps: some traps are in the shape of a thick cable wire about a foot or so long. These cannot be "fixed."

Anonymous

here where I live some cable guys have "contacts" that sell modified filters for $50 bucks.

axs granted
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info. I'm going to pop the pedestal tonight and see what I'm working with. I believe the cylindrical filters are used as I took a look when the cable guy was setting things up. I wonder if just running a lot of current through the filter would disable it. Aren't there resistors & stuff in there? Perpahs a car battery or one of my wall outlets would do the trick...Any ideas?

Anonymous

You can't burn it out. If you did, nothing will pass through, especially your other cable channels. Don't do that! What's inside is a coil that is tuned to the frequency that the trap is designed to block. If the coil is de-tuned, by turning the metal slug inside the coil, the trap will be de-tuned and not block the channel.

rogersexpensive
Unregistered guest
hey for you canadian guys the filter does work with the 3200 at first.....of course it did lock up and after clearing memory all seemed fine.......until the big bill finally came in. I'm looking into why this happened to me because my friend has the same box and lives in the same area and he has not been billed so it must be something that i have messed up on.

U_E
Unregistered guest
There are NO DIGITAL descramblers and never will be due to the nature of technology!

Read the following:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3078483/

Sorry folks - I tried myself to get something - no luck. Digital box is like an IP on the internet that can be traced with no problems...

O _ O
Unregistered guest
hey

biff
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to convert an old company owned cable box into a de-scrambler? does this piece of equiptment have any use to me?

o_o
Unregistered guest
hey

axs granted
Unregistered guest
Can you be more specific with regards to your instructions on how to de-tune the trap? I'm looking at it now :-) and I am not sure how to get at that slug. What do you recommend I use? rotate it? Dig around inside like a kid picking his nose? ;) It's off for the time being, but I would like to de-tune it and put it back on to hide the obvious. Thanks.

Anonymous

The coil has a metal slug that can be turned using a small flat head screwdriver. Connect the filter somewhere near your TV and just tweak the slug in either direction, and watch the channel you're trying to get. When the channel comes through, stop turning the slug.

Bronze Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 34
cable....only fruitcakes watch cable..get a FTA you stupid morons..

biff
Unregistered guest
any one know how to tweak an old cable box to pick up free channels?

Anonymous

Hey Knee Grow take a hike!!! We know you like FTA already!!! We don't care!!!! We like cable!!! Go to a FTA forum if you don't like cable dude!!! Then you won't have to keep reading what us moron's are talking about. Your like a broken record repeating the same old Sh--!

anon-e-mouse
Unregistered guest
I'll drink to the above post, I wish people would stick to the topic, instead of hurling insults. What does FTA stand for? I gather maybe satellites?

Username: Watermelon

Post Number: 1
The FTA guy above receives FTA (free-to-air) satellite channels. The channel selection does not compare to pay satellite or cable.

Unregistered guest
I'm from the Bronx. I have Cable Vision
and Im looking for a regular Cable Box Descrambler to buy that will work for Cable Vision. I called two websites that said they cant sell a box to me because they have an agreement with cable vision not to sell to their customers. and by the way, does my cable service have to be on in order for a descrambler box to work?

Anonymous

I have two boxes that I don't need anymore and I have Cablevision. They work on the analog channels only...not digital. As long as you're connected, they work. Post your email address if interested.

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 144
Send them to me, also include $20 with the boxes for my inconvenience of having to be home to sign for the parcel. Thank you cup-cake

Please send expresspost!

Anonymous

Hey anonymous, while your at it send me $200.00 and I promise I will send you $400.00 back in a few days. A very honest guy!!!

Anonymous

I live in brooklyn, ny. Cablevision just switched to digital signals, leaving out those of us with analog boxes in the cold. Now all i get is basic (and I do mean basic) channels, cbs, fox, nbc, etc. I only have upgraded boxes which used to allow me to watch premium channels, and PPV events, like WWE, Boxing, though for some time now, they moved all the movies. Anyway, what can I get? Can I just buy a digital box, and hook it up? Will it work? I was thinking to buy a digital box, and an upgraded card, which allows me to watch all the premium channels. Then possibly buy a filter to watch PPV, if the card alone does not allow me to do so. Can this be done? What should I do. IT sux not having anything to watch! Please someone help! Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

what do you think about those digital motorola/gi
dct2224/2244 descrambler that i see on ebay that
suposely open all the channel,those anyone have one

Username: Makobuddha

I am canadian l am looking for the best descrambler or filter for rogers cable please email me at swencel@canada.com

Anonymous

The filter is a scam, you do not need it!! You have a few options to block the return path. The only thing you need to do is to clear the purcase memory. I am now using BDM to DCT 2224 and it can run the subroutines to clear memory. If you are a programmer, you know it works. I wonder if anybody interested in BDM and we can start a new thread talking about this.

Post Number: 2
Yes l would love to talk about this l am not a programmer but if you could please email me and tell me or explain to me how you make or do this BDM to DCT 224
swencel@canada.com

Anonymous

In short, this is how it is done.
1. Use BDM read the firmware.
2. Disassemble the firmware.
3. Find the routine to clear memory. Different versions have different entry.
4. Use BDM command "Call" that routine.
5. Go to diagnostic screen to check the memory is cleared.

cabledr
Unregistered guest
I have analog boxes if anyone needs. ALSO THERE ARE NO DIGITAL CABLE BOXES AT ALL AND THERE ARE NO CODES OR TRICKS.THE ONLY WAY THAT YOU CAN WATCH DIGITAL CABLE IS TO HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THE BOX (STARTS WITH A GI) AND HAVE DISPATCH ACTIVATE THE BOX BY ADDING IT ONTO AN ACCOUNT, I WORK FOR COMCAST AND KNOW ALL. IF YOU DO WANT TO WATCH 100 MOVIE CHANNELS, 40 PAYPER VIEWS, ADULT CHANNELS, SPORTS AND HUNDREDS MORE EMAIL ME AT mrr131978@hotmail.com

Post Number: 6
Ok l understand what you are saying but how would l go about doing this like does it have to be attached to the computer or what part do l have to wipe out please go into my more detail please

T-1000
Unregistered guest
COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO WATCH.

Anonymous

Yes you when clear the memory using BDM, you need a computer, open the box, attatch the BDM cable to the connector. Excute some command. It is hard to get started and after you have done once, it is a piece of cake.

bounty19
Unregistered guest
Is there any descramblers or any other ways to get the channels or ppv without paying the full price for the silver sony on cablevision(io). Anyway that the company won't pick up.

Username: Maverick

Has anyone found out if there's a descrambler for digital cable?

Username: Real_applebee

Sure there is! But the first website that offers it, becomes a very very very big target for the $$$(money) hungary cable companies. You can hack them but they want to get paid! Keeps there anti cable thift people working.

Anonymous

Hi, I created a forum for serious crackers out there on DCT 2224/2244. I think this project is beyond one person's ability and would like to work with others. usbbdm.proboards44.com/index.cgi

INeedCable
Unregistered guest
Is there any way to determine if your area is currently providing an Analog or Digital signal prior to buying a box? I want to order the 13.00 plan and get the family channels for free. I will be moving to Bayonne, NJ. How can i tell if i have analog or digital service for my basic subscription?

Bud Wise
Unregistered guest
OMFG, if PPV movies is all your watching - your all doing this the wrong way. First of all, cable tv sucks asscock - if their wasn't Comedy Central I wouldn't steal it.

Second, spend the 40 dollars a month that you spend on cable and go sign up for the Blockbuster by your house and Netflix for the movies you can't get anywhere else. Then

Download DVDshrink and ANYdvd programs and BURN COPIES OF EVERY CRAPPY MOVIE YOU GET. Trust me, you will get better reception. Everything on HBO and Showtime are at Netflix and you will have COPIES INSTEAD OF JUST WATCHING THEM. Apperently you all have a PC, buy a burner on Ebay for cheap or go to Fry's Electronics.

As a whole, I spend about 50-60 a month but I have over 400 movies in my house to watch any fUking time I want. Sure beats Shittyass Digital Cable HUH?

Bud Wise
Unregistered guest
Okay, I spoke too soon. I bought my box at a garage sell and never had Digital Cable. I believe its locked so is their a way to unlock it. I don't really care about PPV or the Premium Channels. I would be just happy with what I get from Analog. I just want to be able to watch Cable TV when everything goes Digital within 5 years.

Username: Dukeusa

I was wondering if anyone has the unlock codes for a scientific atlanta explorer 4200 cable box?
email me direct at dukeusa@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Anonymous

ANYONE NO HOW TO MAKE A FILTER THAT WILL WORK ON A EXPLORER 4200 USING RADIO SHACK PRODUCTS

Anonymous

Hi,

I have cable vision basic package. I am looking for a descrambler so I can watch other Movie channels. If anyone knows about which one I can buy please email me Info at nabeel24us@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Anonymous

HI,

Can anyone help? I have a cable wire going into my TV and I get scrambled channels. Which descrambler box should I buy.

Just dropping by....
Unregistered guest
Not sure if everyone is just looking at the box, but the access card is what needs to be modified.
Belive me or not (I dont care) Ive seen a SA digital cable box with my own eyes with ALL channels open. I was told the card was programmed.
However, after about 2 months or so, it lost ALL the PPVs and adult channels and now gets HBO, MAX and the regualr other channels only. This was OVER a year ago and it remains the same.
He was going to bring it back to the person he got it from to reprogram but hes happy with what he has.

Unregistered guest
Message from a tortured COMCAST customer:

Hi Friends: Could anyone please tell me if I get a discrambler I'll be able to receive all PPV and adult channels? I have comcast Basic cable service paying $19.99 a month.

Unregistered guest
Message from a tortured COMCAST customer:

Hi Friends: Could anyone please tell me if I get a discrambler I'll be able to receive all PPV and adult channels? I have comcast Basic cable service paying $19.99 a month.

brash
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone,
I have comcast basic service and have been using a descrambler to view channels like TNT,ESPN, TMC etc including HBO and Cinemax, until now when all the channels (TNT,ESPN, TMC etc (24-46) disappeared except for the local channels (2-23) and a few channels from 47 to 99. Could anyone please tell me what's responsible for this? Or is it that the cable company zapped these channels? Thank you as you all help me in solving this puzzle.

Anonymous

Hey Brash, sounds like they may have gone all digital.

iocustomer
Unregistered guest
Yes cablevision has gone all digital sometime during this month. When I first got an IO SA box, all movie channels were open execpt PPV and stood open for about 3 days before a not authorized message appeared on screen for the movies channels. A friend said when he first got his all channels were open too including the PPVs so he said. But in all honest, you can find a good majority of the movies shown on the movie channels and PPV online. I decided to get IO because they don't offer Court TV 24/7 on their analog service. Not for nothing but has anyone noticed u can cancel a PPV order? What is the purpose of this? To see the first few minutes of a movie? On Directv, you get the first few minutes of some movies for free automatically.

Anonymous

Here is a web site I found selling Digital cable converters with built in descramber for 999 channels anyone know about this company www.newinternetsavings.com/converter.html

who_is_crazier_than_GW bush
Unregistered guest
part 1) order IO digital from CableVision -CV-, note the made, the model and serial #. open the box remove the mac -nic- adapter (for IP purposes), now go to ebay,
part 2) order or bid for a digital descrambler of the same model( do not worry about the activiation thing) open the box from ebay remove the mac-nic adapter and swap it with the one from CV, now you should have a descrambler box that has CV serial#. good luck

OnA_XM202
Unregistered guest
Wow. You people are STUPID! There is no way to defeat digital cable. Anyone who tells you there is is a fu*king liar. Anyone who tells you they can "program your card" is a fu*king liar. The whole reason you can't hack digital cable is because it is in constant, hard-wired 2-way communication with the head-end. If you hack your card, they will know instantly. If you put a PPV filter on, they will know in a few days when your box stops checking in. If you want to steal, get satellite. That's easy. Dumbasses.

Anonymous

any one knows if there is a store where I can buy a descrambler box in new york city (Brooklyn. I don't want to buy it over internet, I am not sure how safe that might be.

Unregistered guest
i just bought a GENERAL INSTRUMENT interactive digital communication box for my basic TIME WARNER cable service.. to see if i'll get any premium channels but it doesn't seem to work.. ANYONE KNOWS WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE IT WORK? it shows the menue, guide, and channels, but it doesn't show anything- only a blank screen... ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THAT CAN HELP ME MAKE THIS BOX WORK?? this box is a General instrument DCT2244/1161/ABCDE

Anonymous

Yea im looking to buy a box too and i dont care if its off the internet as long as you have tried and vouch for them. I was going to buy on of Ebay untill i found out it didnt work.

Anonymous

Yea im looking to buy a box too I also live in the NYC area and I dont mind buying of the internet as long as some one here can vouch for it.

Username: Xouttheeyes

My Scientific Atlanta Cable Descrambler recently started to show only the preview channels...no channels work at all. Im sure i got the bullet or zapped or whatever, but i heard there is a way to reset the digital box...atleast i really hope there is. can anyone please help? Please reply or email me at xouttheeyes1114@aol.com thanks

hobgobblin
Unregistered guest
For anyone who doesnt want to run their bill up...

Just order one movie, call your company and see if they billed u for it, thats what I did and everything works fine. I turned my box in and it was blank after i erased the memory. if your so paranoid then just test it out with 1 ppv and see what happens. They work for me, i got mine from that site cableboxfilters and it did take like 2 weeks to get them (the guy at their help on the instant messanger said they were out of stock for almost a week so my order got delayed) they worked none the less, plus they got a return policy so...

tvfreakazoid
Unregistered guest
Will cablevision know if I take a box from my friends house and plug it in my home? It works and I get all his channels, but will cable know i am doing that?

boss98876
Unregistered guest
Hobgobblin, What reset instruction in particular from the list that they provied does work for your box? Please help. Thanks

Jay123444
Unregistered guest
Hi, I just got iO, and whenever I go to MagRack or Channel 900 (upgrade) or channels like that, I get "Two-way communication error". Also, I have all channels except for PPV and Sports pack..some people said the free chanels stop after 2 days...is this true?

maxine
Unregistered guest
I live in Bergen County, NJ & have cablevision analog. I have a General Instruments box, which I've had for years. I used to get PPVs, adult & all premium, but that changed over the past few years..Now I just get a few premium, but I just noticed SHO is gone since Thurs. night. Where can I get a new box or is there something I can do to fix the one I have?

Plamen
Unregistered guest
Hi,
does anyone know what kind of descrambler should I use for Videotron analog cable?

binny770
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Is there anyway to get cable internet from using basic cable. Like some box or descrambler?

binny770
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Is there anyway to get cable internet from using basic cable. Like some box or descrambler?

binny770
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Anonymous

DCT2244. What is the control frequency that allows the cable company to disable this unit. Once it is "enabled," would a block on this frequency prevent the DCTA2244 from being turned off? Is the 50 mhz high pass filter only applicable for PPV on-off operation?

Username: Please

DCT2244. I thought the control frequency was around 122 mhz. Is that correct? What is the exact frequency used for control of the disable/enable of the DCT2244. What FREE manuals are available on line for the information about the Motorola DCT2244?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us