Would you check something on your Grand Wega for me?

Shan1
Unregistered guest
Hi!

I just finished setting up my new Sony Grand Wega (model KF-42WE620) and there's an interesting ticking noise when I turn it off that I'd like to ask about. Would anyone mind trying this for me and letting me know if theirs has the same noise?

With the tv running:
Turn off the tv, and the fan runs for about 2 mins. Place your head near the rear right of the tv (your right if you're facing the tv). Now wait for the fan to shut off. With my TV, I hear a click when the fan shuts off and then as the fan winds down I hear about 5 or 6 more ticks. I'm wondering if that's normal or if I have to have it looked at.

Thanks!

FYI
Unregistered guest
Sounds like the fan blade is striking the fan housing as it slows down. This may be a simple fix, but it's a service call none the less.

Shan1
Unregistered guest
Hi again,

Thank you for your opinion FYI. Just thought I'd follow up and let you know how I've resolved my concern.

First, note that the ticking noise doesn't come from the fan - it comes from the same area of the TV where the relay is that shuts off the fan.

I went to the TV store this morning where I bought the TV and listened to their floor model. It has identical behavior. Also, after a phone call from me last night, the store owner listened to his 50" and 60" models - and heard the same sound.

So I'm finally content that this sound is normal and will finally be happy to enjoy my new TV.

Thanks for your interest.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Cool!

Shan1
Unregistered guest
Hi again,

Thank you for your opinion FYI. Just thought I'd follow up and let you know how I've resolved my concern.

First, note that the ticking noise doesn't come from the fan - it comes from the same area of the TV where the relay is that shuts off the fan.

I went to the TV store this morning where I bought the TV and listened to their floor model. It has identical behavior. Also, after a phone call from me last night, the store owner listened to his 50" and 60" models - and heard the same sound.

So I'm finally content that this sound is normal and will finally be happy to enjoy my new TV.

Thanks for your interest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us