DVI Cable Question

Bronze Member
Username: Gnnr

NJ USA

Post Number: 75
I recently got the HLP4663W Samsung. My question... does the DVI input on the TV use the same cable as found on PCs (PC video card to LCD monitor)? Will this cable cause problems, say from a HD STB to the RPTV?

Anonymous

I also just purchased this tv and am looking for advice. I connected my pc via DVI and i get 1024x768 res on desktop but when i go into a game like HL2 i only have the 800x600 res. do i need to change something in the tv so the tv reconizes the connection and what to do with it. my graphics card is ati 256mb radeon 9700 mobile.

Thank you for your time

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 26
Some of the Samsung DLP's can be connected to a computer via DVI, I don't know which models.
Check out the software "PowerStrip" so that you can get the native 720p resolution on your PC...it's not 1280x720 like you would think, it's about 1200x666. There are many other threads in this forum talking about the same thing...find those for more info.
Do a search on google for "powerstrip 720p" and you'll find lots of good info.

You're game may not support widescreen resolutions, you're usually limited to the resolutions supported by the game. Did you try switching your resolution back to 1024x768 in the game setup options?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us