DVD Player ?????

Anonymous

I have a samsung hlp5674 on the way. I am now deciding which DVD player to get. I am thinking about geting the samsung HD841. Can anyone tell me if the progessive scan with the hd conversion really gives you a better picture or will I be waisting my money. I am also thinking it would be better to stick with the samsung dvd player so there will be less chance of interface problems.

Anonymous

"upscaling" dvd players are notoriously troublesome, and they will never produce true HD no matter what they label it

the REAL hi def players arrive in fall 2005, first Toshiba with HD-DVD units, expenseive at 1000 dollars but backwards compatible - and SONY BLUE RAY units in 2006

there is a new Panasonic upscaling dvd player out, that some have said works ok

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
It wouldn't matter which player you pick, but that's a very good one. I have 7.1 Surround Sound receiver, so, I wanted the optical audio out. Use component cables to receive the progressive scan signal and you won't be disappointed. That's a fantastic set on the way. Congrats! Enjoy!

Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 4
Save your money for HD DVD comming out late this year! Just buy a good DVD player that supports all the formats you want and don't worry about upconversion. I personally chose the pioneer 563 because of the DVD-Audio and SVCD as well as supporting DVD-R media.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Brian's is a progressive scan as well. I'm not sure you can by one anymore that isn't. I've seen PS DVD's for as low as $39.95 new.

Bronze Member
Username: Triedit

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 28
I recently got the Toshiba V592 DVD/VCR combo.
I did not need the VCR, however, this player scored near the top on SECRETS testing and is priced under $200.
It also has HDMI out and cable is included. Converting between DVI and HDMI seems to cause the most problems with upconverting players.
The PQ with HDMI is close to HD quality.

Anonymous

BOSE is still selling an integrated reciever/speakers, dvd etc at about 1000 dollars that amazingly is not progressive scan

Bronze Member
Username: Triedit

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 30
Even more amazing is that they will be able to sell this package.

Some probably prefer good audio over video.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us