Help me from making a big mistake-Please!

berkmonster
Unregistered guest
BACKGROUND:
We currently have 27-32" OLD Toshiba's (7-12 years old), that are CRTs (I think... the old HEAVY kind). So as you can tell, when we get a set, we keep it for a while.

I have approximately $4,000 budgeted for a big screen as our primary living room set... but am not opposed to paying less if we can get what we need. This is a gift for my hubbie who loves movies, comedy channel, japanamation, but not so much sports. It will likely average being on for 10 hours a day due to hubbie and my schedules.

We sit 14'-16' from the TV, 0-20 degree viewing area. Guests may sit as close as 10'-12' from it, within approximately 30-35 degree viewing area (guests not the real concern). I refuse to go any smaller than 52" and would prefer 60-62". There are 2 french doors with blinds in the Living Room, so there is some bright day time light, but we like to watch at night in low light conditions.

PRIMARY USE:
Watching SD, and occasional DVDs (Cable thru Adelphis in Rural area). Also, any HD programming we can get (HBO?) thru either Tuner or Ext. Annt. MIGHT hook up Xbox, but not a priority. Might try to connect PC at some point for gaming, but not a priority (aka, burn in not a HUGE concern, I don't think?). Main priority is a BIG SCREEN that has decent SD PQ even if we need to hire someone to tweek it. We may go Direct TV with HDTV receiver/subscription in the next year as we finally make the MASSIVE upgrade to HDTV). Also, we are not running it on a surround sound system... so sound will be from TV only. And we are using a Humax 80 hr HRT DVR Tivo unit which would be changed if we go Direct TV route).

DILEMA:

We are use to the old TV lasts forever sets with no maintenance regardless of how much you watch them (at least in experience).

This TV will be on, for a long time, every day. I'd put our average annual use at @4,000 hours a year.

Narrowed down to 2 TVs...
JVC 61" HD61Z585(or575-don't need smart sound, CC)-thoroughly researched.
Sony Grand Wega 60" KDF-60WF655 or 60XS955 or XBR950 (need to research differences further if we go this route... any quick and dirty difference comments would be appreciated-even a which one is the best among the Sony's).

However, we are worried about the amount of use and how much bulbs will cost over the life of the TV, even if we get a 4-5 year warranty that covers bulbs. I forsee using this TV for 10+ years if it holds up. With our usage that could add up to another $1,500 over 10 years just in bulb replacement and warranties (found some good ones thru VISA).

Since we skipped a whole generation of TVs I'm a little confused on the difference between TVs that are Projection (assuming CRT projection? - the big heavy monster size units that have the big base like a Hitachi 57" 57S715 or Sony 57" KDP 57WS655 or Toshiba 57" 57H84) -vs- Rear Projection TVs listed above. What are the maintenance costs on these... do the tubes last 10ish years generally? Do you have to replace a $200+ bulb every 4500-6000 hours? Is the picture quality that much different? (Saw the Hitachi in store and thought it looked decent). Again, big SD decent picture quality is our main concern.

Also, given we might spend 3500 on a LCD Rear Projection or D-ILA TV with $1,500 maintenance ... I might up my budget to $5,000-$5,500. Any chance 55+" Plasma/true LCDs will hit this price point in 2005? And what are the quick and dirty cons there? (aka, I've heard plasmas are disposable since once the gas is gone, the TV is shot, but not sure how long it takes to hit that level).

SUMARRY:

Given the extended time this TV is used each year (4,000+ hrs/yr), can someone give me a quick and dirty in comparing the CRT Projection units to the Rear Projection units to the Plasma/LCD units. We have the "space" for a bulky unit and understand the cons of having to have it serviced.

Thanks in advance and I welcome all referrals to additional URLs for me to do the research if they address these issues, but I need the key words to look on... since we missed a whole generation, it's tough to find comparisons of the old big bulky units to a Plasma. A Quick and Dirty summary would greatly be appreciated - something I can sink my teeth into and research on CRT Projection/Plasma/LCD given my background info and concerns. (*cough* can you tell I'm an analyst that can't make a move without all the facts... I can get off the stump and jump in, but just not without a general feel for the facts).

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Everything you want to know is on a thread of this forum. Read...read...read! In the time it took you to write all that you could have covered some real ground.

berkmonster
Unregistered guest
Ya know, if I could have found it quickly or disseminated the information quickly, I would have... given I've researched a ton regarding current technologies and can tell you all about DLPs and LCDs and D-ila formats, I think I'm doing good. Was just asking for some help with very specific details that are always asked when people ask for help.

Again, I truly appreciate anyone who will take the time to help me with this. THANKS!

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
You were being specific? I'm sorry...I couldn't tell! You narrowed it down to two sets I wouldn't pick, but asked questions about others.

OK...If you are thinking about older CRT projection units (why on earth) they are still bulky, heavy, and have convergence issues and a short CRT life span. "They don't make CRT's like they used to", a technician told me.

I'm sure you know that Plasma and LCD have fading, stuck pixels, and burn-in issues. Not so pretty after a while.

If you are leaning toward LCD projection, you most certainly haven't researched these threads or their related links to the LCD vs DLP Torture Test. LCD's, won't last 4000 hours. None of them, period. A new lamp won't fix'em either.

"Also, read about LCD vs DLP at this link. On page three under "Table of Contents" click on "Our Interpretation... link. In the text look for a link that says "related whitepaper". Learn what DMD is all about!(requires Acrobat Reader) Then, make an intelligent decision based on fact. Get the extended warranty no matter what you choose."

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0%2C1558%2C1049289%2C00.asp?kc=ETNKT0209KTX1 K0100361

Here's a post about JVC D-ILA you missed:

"JVC DILA is an LCD (LCOS) technology. It simply won't last. The three chips are mirroring a Liquid Crystal On Silicon display. In about 2000 hours or less there will be dead, stuck, or discolored pixels. DLP is a superior technology. Color wheels and lamps are cheap and easy to replace. The price of lamps will drop soon to around $50 and the color wheel is presently $160. Texas Instruments has recently perfected a DLP prism module with a three chip design (eliminates the color wheel), which will be introduced into rear projection sets in the future. The previous DLP three chip design was real expensive and only available in front projection units starting at $20k and up.

I could go on and on, but I will just stear you to this link for what I think is probably the best price for the best picture and the most reliable 30+ year technology. There are different sizes. Just use the search.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?sort_type=price&masterid=5029645& isbn=&pid=

Klaus
Unregistered guest
berkmonster:
I understand your desire for informed help. The newer TVs are quite confusing to many. If size is no concern (i.e. no cabinet issues) I would go for the Sony. I have a 46 inch Samsung DLP because it is the largest set that would fit in my wifes armoire( replacing it was not an option). I would suggest the Sony with the built in HD tuner if you are in an area where you get good over the air reception as the cable and satellite companies do not always carry a good local HD channel selection. The Sony lcd does not have the color wheels, rainbow effect, etc that the dlp has so the only real consumable item would be the lamp, and possibly the cooling fan. Since you don't watch so much sports, the pixel lag of lcd should be a non-issue as well and Sony does a good job with this. All in all I would say "haunt the stores and give each set a good long view". Bring in a dvd that you are familiar with and ask to watch parts of it. In the end your eyes are the best indicator.

Bronze Member
Username: Gnnr

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 30
First off, understand this.

Rear Projection units are smaller, lighter, less power consumption, less noise. Their underlying technology differs wildly from each other and from the big stand units you are used to (which were CRT).

Current RPTVs are based on CRT, LCD, LCoS, and DLP technologies. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages. All use a projection system which encorporates a bulb; each design has differing life spans for the bulbs in use.

DLP - Tied in Image Quality (IQ) with LCos units on the whole, but with differing defects than LCoS. Tightest image available in RPTV (tightest dot pitch). Mature technology due to TI DLP technologies. Current solutions are single chip, fourth generation products. Chips have up to a million or more moving micro mirrors inside them but they are given over 100K hours in life rating and rarely fail (failure of one means a dead pixel essentially). Second brightest in RPTVs, good contrast and brightness means normal operation even in a moderately well lit room. Decent view angles horizontally, less so vertically (should match your room and distances no problem). Little or no 'burn in' issues known with this technology. Uses a segmented color wheel as part of the projection system - color wheels can be the source of a 'rainbow effect' for some viewers, best idea is to go and watch the unit you are interested in to see if you see said effect; wheels are mechanical and tend to loose bearings over time, requiring replacement when they get noisey. Sammy DLPs, for instance, have bulb ratings of up to 8000 hours but the average is probably 3000 to 5000. Bulb prices are dropping dramatically and are user changeable... current prices for a Sammy bulb hovers over 200 most places on a good deal but both the bulb and wheel are expected to drop way down in the next year plus to very affordable prices.

LCoS - newest RPTV tech. Still has teething pains. As good (and some argue better) image as DLP. Better colors than DLP, lesser blacks (opinion). Sharp image. 3000 - 5000 hour bulb life. Tight pixel pattern, good with motion. Supposedly has faster video processing than DLP, less mechanical parts compared to DLP. Subject to similar long term break down as LCD (albeit differing technologies and to a lesser degree than LCD RPTVs), no burn in that I am aware of.

LCD - Very bright, high contrast, poor color reproduction when compared to DLP or LCoS. Arguably the best fields of view range, though some CRT units are equal to it or better (simply design dependent). LCD is subject to breakdown over time chemically due to high energy projection lamps initiating chemical changes in the matrices of the LCD color panels. Big dot pitch is noticeable at even extended distances causing a screen door effect, they do not do well on average in very high motion scenes (motion artifacting) and the are the worst at black reproduction (grey fields when it should be black) - some units aren't bad though at black and it's a matter of taste, again you need to see one and spend time with it to decide for yourself. Bulb life is around 2500 - 3000 hours, LCD panel degrades in as little as 5000 hours.

CRT - older, reliable, bright. Screen door issues on some units, bigger dot pitch than LCOS and DLP. Great color reproduction. Low bulb life, major burn in issues (which if you are watching SD a lot is a major concern since you will have to deal with letter boxing or stretching your image which some people don't like and won't do). Convergence and burn in issues big time.

Your questions:

What are the maintenance costs on these... do the tubes last 10ish years generally?

Higher... depending on the technology you have... at least bulb replacements and possible wheel replacements and for some technologies you need a tech to adjust IQ and convergence every few years (if you aren't capable, and some units are not user friendly). Get the extended service plan and you are covered in most areas for the term of the warranty plus the plan.

Do you have to replace a $200+ bulb every 4500-6000 hours?

Bulb prices on DLP, for instance, are dropping and due to drop more. More units means higher production and lower costs, plus bulbs are becoming cheaper to make due to new processes (which also extend their lifetime abilities overall). I listed individual lifetimes as I have read about them above.

Is the picture quality that much different?

HD and DVDs look worlds better on a HDTV than on a SD/Analog set. HD can blow you away, almost 3D and so much finer in detail.

Again, big SD decent picture quality is our main concern.

This, unfortunately, is going to vary wildly from unit and technology type to unit and technology type. It's also quite subjective. However, you will find yourself relying more and more on HD I suspect given that most of the major networks are already switched over to some percentage and they are scrambling to get it all available in HD by 2006. The IQ of SD programming is also dependent on how you are recieving it, the quality of the signal, and other factors such as what you expect and what you will accept.

--------

Let me close this by saying that you need to consider your choices and actually go to a store or two and spend some time watching the units you are interested in running different content (ie: action movies, movies with lots of colors, movies with lots of dark scenes or shadows, etc) in different formats (analog, HD, digital cable/sattelite feeds for stations above 99, and DVDs). If you don't have HD cable or sattelite service, consider getting it... why buy a HDTV and not use it as intended? If you don't have HD cable or sattelite service available, check to see what Over the Air (OTA) programming is being made available in your area by your local stations (check: http://www.antennaweb.org ) and consider either a RPTV with a built in HD tuner or getting an external tuner - either way you will want at least an HD tuned antennae in your living room if not one installed on your roof if you are going OTA for HD content.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
But, Klaus ownes a DLP!

Go look at a DLP. If you don't see a rainbow, you won't ever see a rainbow. I'm not afraid of color wheels. They are as easy to replace as a lamp. (slides right in front of the replaceable lamp) Just go look at one! You will see a brightness and long lasting quality only surpassed by the most expensive front projection units starting at around $23K. When that Sony's blue (first color to go) starts to fade, it's a dead tv.

Bronze Member

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 31
BTW, everything above is basically from memory after my weeks of research and debate/reading on this forum... if I made a mistake I am sure some of the other knowledgeable forum members will clarify things and point out my errors.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Patrick has become a very helpful guy. He's done a ton of research. He also just ordered a (guess what) DLP! Enough said!!!

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Post Reader like anyone else out here has his own bias and axe to grind as well. Do your own research, go look at the TVs and pick one that works for you.

Bronze Member

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 32
Exactly... I was close to going with a Grand Wega 50" LCD, btw. But the color issue with blacks and the bit of motion artifacting in high action scenes pushed me towards DLP. If I could afford it I would get a Plasma unit, but RPTV is affordable and the IQ on DLP is just as good and nearly as bright... my concerns with the unit I have coming on Saturday is with the issues early production Sammys were having (audio sync, dying light engines and bulbs) and long term costs in consumables (bulbs and potentially color wheels). If LCoS was more mature I may have gone that route as well... less moving parts to fail.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Folks, I don't own Texas Instruments (DMD) stock. I don't make a dime on this forum. She doesn't want to make a "big mistake", remember? I did the research, like others, and selected a technology based on the facts. I'm not afraid to stand by DLP 100%. Those others will hit the pocket book or the land fill much sooner. I won't advocate something I wouldn't own myself.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Post Reader,

I guess we should all bow to your greatness (as is evidenced by your bold typeface). Frankly, I did the research as well as did most of the people out here so don't belittle us. Everyone's brain and eyes process things a little differently. So every technology is going to look better or worse to someone else. You can find kudos and bashing for EVERY technology out there. For every article you post regarding a bad thing or a good thing about any of the technologies, I can post an article that refutes what yours says.

berkmonster,
You're doing the right thing. Research, go to a local store and play around with the TVs, read reviews, talk to friends, etc. Bottom line pick the TV that looks the absolute best to you. I don't think that there is a right answer. I ended up picking the JVC. Is it perfect, no. Is it superior to what I (and I stress I) saw in the other sets? Emphatically, yes. But, I am not so arrogant to tell you that what I chose is the right answer for you. Good luck and tell us what you ended up with. Happy hunting.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Mr. tvshopper,

Post those aricles, please.

If you selected that JVC from looks, then that shows the depth of your research. If you can't advocate your JVC, then that shows the depth of your convictions. I must have stepped on the last nerve of an indecisive wise guy who says, "I don't think there is a right answer."

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Post Reader,

Apparently you are so arrogant that you believe you have all the answers. I'm glad that you think you know it all. I don't care what you've picked. And, frankly, I am EXTREMELY confident with what I've picked. You have no idea what the "depth of my reseach" is. You'd do well my friend to take a little bite of humble pie.

Here is some light (pun intended) reading for you.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcos.htm

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1153221,00.asp

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/displays_D-ILA_projectors6.html

Oh, and I'd be remiss to mention that Sony has picked LCOS technology for its next generation of TVs.

You're entitled to your opinion but that's all it is, an opinion. Recognize that fact that there is room for more than one opinion. Your narrow-mindedness leads me to believe that you have a vested interest in the DLP market.

Bronze Member

Saddle Brook, NJ USA

Post Number: 36
LCoS looks to be the next thing, definately. No argument from me. I just get too nervous getting these early models... but that's a personal choice. They certainly look good in person and on paper, that's for sure.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
tvshopper,

Liquid crystals are organic matter. The first were derrived from carrots! When saturated with light (ie: the lamp) for long periods of time (about 3500 hours) the organic matter is altered. Blues will be the first to fade or change....

Who is grinding the ax? What's you're problem, dude? All I'm doing is advocating my selection and presenting supporting facts that, obviously, you don't want to aknowledge or that you fail to understand. You attack me instead of debating the issues and come off looking like an idiot with you're shallow, unconvincing comments. My last Sony hit the landfill in 17 months. I've long since read your provided links. I'll admit, the picture "looks" great! It just simply won't last. When plasma and LCD fail it's terminal! The image is irrepairable! What is so hard to understand about that? She wants a set that will last over ten years. LCD's won't, period. Between us, the last word is yours!

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Post Reader,

"Liquid crystals are organic matter. The first were derrived from carrots! When saturated with light (ie: the lamp) for long periods of time (about 3500 hours) the organic matter is altered. Blues will be the first to fade or change.... "

See, now here is where you have not done your homework. LCD technology does use organic layering that will degrade over time. Best estimate is 30,000 hours for significant yellowing. LCOS technology uses inorganic layering that may degrade but after an estimated 100,000 hours. LCOS is not LCD. I will bet that my LCOS coloring will outlast your color wheel by a long, long time. And, I can take comfort in knowing that I will not be seeing rainbows. (Yes, I do see them.)

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 37
For clarity... most of the points of the articles do relate to front projectors, and while the underlying technology is similar, many folks have also pointed out that the degrade curve on RPTV LCDs is much shallower than that of front projectors. And it's not terminal... you can get it fixed, it's just that it requires a pretty big swap out and expense that may or may not be covered by an extended warranty (in the original poster's case probably not unless it happens prematurely due to a problem rather than through constant use).

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 441
Post reader-

Look at all the posts. If you click on ANY DLP thread, you will read the same things over and over.
1) rainbows
2) 3 blinking lights (Samsung)
3) Sets needing major overhauls (light engines) in less than a year (mostly Samsung)
4) Videogame lag (All DLPs)
5) major green issues (Mitsu, Samsung)
6) screen smudges
7) Color wheel noise
8) A/V sync issues
9) poor customer service (Sammy)
10) premature lamp failure
11) Angry people trading in their TVs for Sony LCDs and JVC LCos sets

Read the JVC thread:
1) some green issues
2) black crush that is easily fixed
3) happy customers
4) best colors, smoothest images
5) great customer support
6) helpful informative forum thread that doesn't "bash" people.

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 39
1) rainbows

Most people don't see this effect, but it sucks if you do... that's why you should

2) 3 blinking lights (Samsung)

Yep... but the newest models supposedly don't sport this problem with a manufacture date after Sept 04 or so and it's fixed by Sammy quite readily and isn't supposed to crop back up.

3) Sets needing major overhauls (light engines) in less than a year (mostly Samsung)

See above... related item.

4) Videogame lag (All DLPs)

Actually, I have seen little or no complaints on the Mitsu and other DLP units about this. It is also pretty well documented what the source of the problem is, potential fixes, how it's being addressed by Samsung, etc. Newer units are supposed to be on par with the other manufacturers (it's a video processing lag issue) and it's an accepted fault of DLP units in general that is made apparent if you hook to a home theater unit and don't program in a hair or two of delay (all decent HT amps have a delay setting these days, low end ones do not). Well worth noting though, that's for sure.

5) major green issues (Mitsu, Samsung)

? I haven't read about that at all... linkage?

6) screen smudges

Small percentage and you see posts on other makers models with similar issues too. These are now mass produced units, not like with older projection units which didn't sell the same kind of volume, so it's possible as with any other product to get one with a flaw out of the box.

7) Color wheel noise

Newer models don't do it, easily fixed. Worth noting though, absolutely.

8) A/V sync issues

you mentioned this above... let me add that owners of all kinds of RPTVs and other HD units have reported this too, albeit it's for reasons of signal and set-top or service processing and not the equipment itself.

9) poor customer service (Sammy)

That I haven't experienced really, but still. I think most people call it crappy (and rightfully so) when their older manufactured units HLN and it's successor needed new lights (they shipped with crappy bulbs apparently) or an engine swap (damage from shipping, damage from improper power down/up proceedures, damage from unseated bulb, updates needed due to manufacturer's issues with firmware or board designs) that were backlogged. It sucks, but you can get Sammy on the phone, they don't run you around any more than any other company, and they are responsive.

10) premature lamp failure

See above... bad tosh manufactured lamp, being replaced by much better lamp. Fast fix, but a real pain to have happened in the first place and well worth noting.

11) Angry people trading in their TVs for Sony LCDs and JVC LCos sets

True enough.

I don't want to sound too much like a fanboi or overly defend them... Sammy did something wrong in the pre-production testing of the HLN and HLP units that ended up landing many units on the street with design issues, part issues, and the occasional outright manufacturing flaw. I am hoping mine arrives with out such issues, but am prepared for it and may be (maybe) willing to deal with it... this is because the IQ, color, blacks, and features/price are VERY hard to argue against.

And if you read threads like https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/69211.html you will see a lot of praise but also people's complaints as well... it may very well be that the JVC unit is less problematic, but it is only one unit and a lot of what you see about Sammy covers a wider range of models and more units sold so you are bound to get more complaints on average.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Here is a JVC internal article about the DILA degradation and reliability.

http://www.jvcdig.com/Reliability%20of%20D-ILA%20Projectors06-03revF.pdf

Note the figure of 100,000 hours and "Excellent Blue Color Reliability"

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 445
Mr. Cox-

Thanks for the very honest reply. None of the current TVs are perfect, they all have their own issues. I was a huge fan of Sammy DLPs but their QC justs seems to be very iffy. They have a great picture, more inputs than anyone, but seem to have a high failure rate when compared to other brands. Sometimes it seems Sammy is in such a rush to release the "next great thing" that they don't take the time to release a reliable product. I have friends that have HLPs models. One guy has had no issues and is very happy with it so far. He also does not use it for games, PC, or have a surround system so he won't experience some of the well know issues, but for the most part it has been a great TV. The other guy has had 2 seperate sets, a light engine swap in each one, and he still has Sync and lag issues. It is kind of frustrating to see someone spend 3k, and not be able to enjoy his TV like it should be capable of. I know there are a lot of people that do not have any problems and I hope you get a reliable set.

My wife is sensitive to rainbows, so that was part of the reason we stayed away from DLP. I can't see rainbows, but I do experience eye fatigue rather quickly when watching DLP. I don't believe most people have this problem. If TI would come up with a cheap 3 chip setup, a lot of these issues would dissapear. Now that would be a great set.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Well..berk...I guess we stopped talk'n to ya. Sorry about that! Air an opinion and they come outa the woodwork, don't they? I'm look'n for VinDSL to chime in any minute. I guess you have some disseminating to do now! Good luck girl!

Bronze Member

NJ USA

Post Number: 42
Heh, yeah... kind of derailed. Sorry Berk. Hope my initial post and some of the others were at least of some help.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Post Reader,

Yeah, that's funny. As soon as someone disagrees with you the discusion is ended!?

I posted some very important items regarding LCOS that refutes your blanket endorsement of DLP but you won't answer to that will you?

So, get off your freakin' high horse and realize that your blind opinion garbage has no basis in reality.

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Hi berk,

I took a look at the JVC Reliability link posted in this thread. LCOS D-ILA is a very interesting technology. I must admit, the (CMOS) or semiconductor circuit that excites the liquid crystal may well last a couple of lifetimes. The ACF Connection is rated at 100k hours. However, the very adhesive that holds the D-ILA panel together was not given 9 years of life at room temperature under UV light testing. In fact, the overall reliability rating of 100k+ hours was based on ultra violet lamp testing. What really stands out is the troubling contrast and reflectivity tests performed "Under Standard Operating Conditions: 45C, 200W NSH Lamp". The results are not the problem, but the 3000 hour duration cut-off raises an eyebrow. Why not 10,000 or 50,000 hours or more? A bit disingenuous, don't you think? Great results at 3000, though. A 200 watt lamp is what will be in the set, not an ultra violet lamp.

Let's see...D-ILA panels made of liquid crystals sandwiched between layers of quartz glass, held together with glue, under a hot 200 watt lamp, must need a cooling fan. I'll bet when the fan bearing goes out a failsafe circuit shuts down the lamp. Otherwise, there would be a major meltdown.

The only thing I like about the D-ILA panel is the CMOS circuit. Oh...that's what pivots the tiny mirrors on the (DMD) DLP chip! Imagine that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us