Please help me decide Hitachi LCD vs Mitsubishi DLP

Username: Dwclark

Arlington, Tx Usa

Post Number: 10
I've been looking at tv's for 2 months now. I'm ready to buy but i am not sure which set to go with. I have it narrowed down to 2 brands and 4 models. these are my choices..
Hitachi 60v710($2900) vs Mitsubishi 60525($3200)
Hitachi 60vs810($3500) vs Mitsubishi 60725($3700)

All 4 sets have amazing pictures in HD and they all have decent pictures in SD. Has anybody else purchased any of these sets and did you compare the 2. Please help as this decision is about to drive me crazy

charles rogers
Unregistered guest
After researching these sets for three months, I purchased the Hitachi 50vs810 based purely on picture quality and the cosmetics. "AWESOME HD PICTURE" I would recommend Hitachi to anyone.

Charles

PKM2005
Unregistered guest
Charles how about the standard cable....is it watchable?

brad52hm84
Unregistered guest
The Toshiba 52HM84 DLP has an incredible HD picture, fine SD pictures, and is very asethetically pleasing.

Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 5
I purchased a Mitsubishi DLP (52725) partly because of the 3 years no interest deal, and also because I think DLP has a better picture quality than LCD. As long as you cannot see the dreaded rainbow effect from DLP, I would go with a DLP set. Until LCD refresh rates get faster, I think DLP has the advantage.

Here is a link for an extreme in depth comparison between the different HD technologies...this is a long article! Maybe this will help you?

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0%2C1558%2C1734380%2C00.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Erikelvis

Post Number: 13
I just bought a Mitsu 52725 and am not to happy with the SD. We are getting a HD cable box tomorrow and DVD's look great though. I do not see the rainbow effect and Have only noticed the lip synch once through a less expensive surround sound.

Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 8
yeah, SD doesn't look too good on my 52725 either. When I had DirecTV, the picture looked pretty good on SD unless it was a lot of action, like watching motocross. Another friend has Dish with a 60" Samsung DLP and SD looks OK on it...just don't sit too close. I just switched to Comcast cable and got a Motorola HD DVR and SD definitly looks worse than ever. I've read a lot of complaints that the Motorola DVR is the culprit in the poor SD picture, especially through DVI like I'm using it. I also have a cable card in my Mitusbishi, so tonight I'll compare the picture between the cable card and the DVR through DVI and see if it looks any better through the cable card.

DLP renders pictures so precisly that a bad picture is going to look worse on DLP, but a good picture (HDTV) looks amazing and more detailed than anything else. I didn't buy my HDTV for a good SD picture, I bought it for an amazing HD and DVD picture....that's the way I look at it.

Now that I have Comcast HD, 80% or more of the TV I watch is either HDTV or DVD's and it looks amazing on DLP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us