Pro's and Cons of buying online.....help

Username: Dwclark

Arlington, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
i'm looking at buying the hitachi 60v710 or the 60vs810. In my local stores they are $3699, and $4500 respectivly. I can get them online from ShopSunshine for $2900 and $3600. I've been told by several local retailers that buying online is a bad idea because most of the online dealers are not authorized dealers and that the manufactures warranty is void if that is the case. i have also been told that even though the online places say their product is brand new factory..you sometimes still get refurb/demo models. Has anybody else bought their tv's online with shopsunshine/etronics/etc... and would you recommend it? Are the local guys just trying to scare me away from good deals? please help...

Anonymous

if they are lightweight - you can buy online - front projectors, receivers, dvr's etc

Heavyweight sets c/b a problem if you need to repack and ship back

However, for local retailers to comment on voiding manufacturer's warranties is almost laughable as nearly all of them invariably are pushing THEIR INCREDIBLE OVERPRICED "PSP" EXTENDED WARRANTIES, and nearly always lie about or distort the FREE WARRANTY given by the manufacturer

my advice

if you need to buy a large box (note front projectors really are better for the price for light controlled rooms)- buy local -and AVOID EXTENDED WARRANTIES

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us