Component Cable Problem: Samsung HLP4663W 46" DLP TV to Samsung DVD-P241

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to upgrade the composite cables from my Samsung DVD Player (DVD-P241) connecting to my TV (Samsung HL-P4663W) with component cables. I do this all the time and have never had a problem. For some reason, the TV just refuses to see a signal from the DVD Player through the component cables. The TV seems to recognize that something is plugged into the component slots (C1 or C2), but still detects no signal. I have tried two different sets of audio / video component cables (Monster and AR) with the same problem. I can bring up a menu when the DVD Player is hooked up to the old composite cables where there are output options for S-Video, 525i, or 525p, but this all vanishes when I switch cables. I think the TV's Component slots are not recognizing the correct type of signal from the DVD Player, but I don't know what to do about it. The only explanation that I can come up with is that the component slots on the back of the TV are defective. HELP!

xvxvxvxv
Unregistered guest
You can pay me later.

Attach your composite cables to your DVD player.
Change the output to 525p
Picture will go blank
Remove composite cables
Attach component cables
Picture will reappear

Please send payment via paypal :-)

xvxvxvxv

Unregistered guest
xvxvxvxv,

I appreciate the quick response and information, but, unfortunately, it still does not work:

1. Attach = OK
2. Change = OK
3. Picture = OK
4. Remove = OK
5. Attach = OK
6. Picture = NO SIGNAL

Between steps five and six, I have to "Source" the TV over to "Component 1" since the composite and component cables go into different spots.

Anything else?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us