Anyone with Samsung HLN617W Please Help

Username: Jjs3788

Post Number: 3
Can someone tell me why when I switch to one of the component video jacks I no longer get sound from the monitor out jacks on the tv ? I have my audio cables run from the cable box to the tv then to the receiver so I can use just the tv speakers without having to turn the receiver on. Its easier for the wife that way. Are the monitor out jacks only supposed to work with the s-video and lower inputs or is there something wrong with my set ? I would have thought monitor out would work no matter where the input audio comes from. Can anyone shed a little light on this for me ?

Bart
Unregistered guest
John, I have the same set, but I'm not making use of the monitor out jacks. My HD Cable box has the 3 component cables hooked to Component 2 1080i jacks with audio left and right hooked to the audio in jacks directly under the Y, Pb, and Pr jacks. This lets me use the TV without the SS Receiver. For SS, I have a optical cable running from the cable box to the receiver. The monitor out is only for RF, Video and S-Video modes.

Username: Jjs3788

Post Number: 4
Thanks Bart, I think Im gonna have to upgrade my receiver in order to be able to do everythuing I want to do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us