Help with Sony Wega and Progressive Scan DVD player..

Username: Sgtpeper

Post Number: 32
I have a Sony Wega TV 27" its a few year old model.. The one with the speakers still under the screen not on the sides like the current models. I also have a pioneer elite dv47ai dvd player and a pioneer elite 45tx reciever. The problem is I cant seem to make the dvd player work on progressive scan, where as my friend with the same tv, his dvd player does say its in progressive mode. Is there something I have to set up to make the progressive scan work or is there something wrong with my dvd player? Or TV? Or is my TV not progressive scan?
Any help is greatly appreciated, I am also posting this in the DVD section
Thanks
Jeff

Anonymous

Jeff - What's the model number on your 27" Sony TV? I assume it has component inputs if your friend has the same TV and he gets pscan mode on his DVD.

Do you know if pscan is turned on automatically or is there a manual switch? Once you've determined that, I would simply try your player on your friend's TV and see what happens, or try his player on your TV... let us know what happens!

Username: Sgtpeper

Post Number: 35
I dont think my friend knows what hes talking about lol. My tv is kv27fs13 Im not sure what his is... By I called sony and the lady on the phone said my tv is NOT pscan compatible. Makes me happy... Course now I gotta find me a new TV!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us