KDF-70XBR950 Stuck Pixels

Username: Planet1960

Post Number: 1
If you are fortunate enough to get an LCD set without stuck pixels, your expectations will most likely be exceeded. With HD and DVDs, the KDF-70XBR950 presents some of the most beautiful, crystal clear images imaginable.

If you get a cluster of stuck pixels, it will drive you up a wall. I went through two sets with pixel problems. On the second, they replaced the optic block. I now have a small, very minor cluster (3) of light blue stuck pixels on this one (in the bottom left corner), but it is much, much less noticeable than the five bright red ones I had before that could be seen from 12 feet away.

Given the option, I DID NOT want my money back. This is the perfect set if you don't have a pixel problem. The design and picture quality are outstanding. Sony needs to address this issue immediately.

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 33
thats why i went with a cheap, lightly used projection tv. in a few years the dead pixel problem should get alot better, and all the other quality problems, thats when ill buy, i spent most of my money on my stereo

RobW
Unregistered guest
I've heard it may be possible to "unstick" with the use of all black and all white screens. Don't know if it's factual or not ,but may be worth trying.
How close do you need to be to see them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us