GameCube on Sammy hlp5085w 480P help

Username: Mizzywoe

Delran, NJ U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
Hey, anyone ever played a Nintendo Gamecube on the new Cap Kirk. I'm planning on getting one in exactly 2 months. Yet I've been hearing issues regarding voice sync problems from upconversion. I know gamecube puts out 480p, how will this be effected since the dlp's upconvert to 720p. I guess the same could be asked about dvd's(480p) and certain channels,(fox 480p). People who have PS2's can answer this since their max is 480p also! Any info would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have an hlp5063w with a gamecube hooked up through the optional component connections and I've yet to see any sync issues. I've had audio and video sync problems on certain tv channels but never with the Gamecube.

Not all games support progressive scan output though. Not sure if you read this already but to activate the progressive scan hold down the B (red) button while turning on the 'cube and don't let up until you see the screen asking which mode you want to play in (progressive or interlaced). It usually remembers to display this screen after the first time you activate it but not always. It looks much better in progressive...more sharp.

Super Sonic
Unregistered guest
Well, I have the HLP4663W, but I do not have the Gamecube component cables yet. There are no audio synch problems but there is a split second delay in the video. When I press a button for example to jump it will take about .3 seconds for it to happen. Most people probably won't notice it but I do. I heard the component cables fix this problem. I'll have to wait and see.

Bronze Member
Username: Chopper414

New York, New York

Post Number: 14
I have my xbox hooked up to "The Kirk" (56")and it works great, with no sync issues. What I've done was enabled the 480,720, and 1080 in the Xbox's video setup mode using the XBOX HDTV component cables. The Halo game looks excellent, with so much details, and no action delays. Whats great about it, is that you can play all day without any "burn-in" effects. So buy the HDTV componet cables made for your game console.

Username: Mizzywoe

Delran, NJ U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Thanx! for some of that info, but can anyone elaborate on how the upconversion to 720p effects the gamecubes 480p output. I understand that there is no sync issues but is the 720p stretching the 480p image or what?

Bronze Member
Username: Theburninator

Post Number: 11
That's gonna depend on how you have the screen set up to display 4:3 images...unless the games is in 16:9 of course. If the game is in 16:9, it will just convert the 480p to 720p....which won't look as good as a 720p game does, but it'll look better than 480i. If the game is 4:3, you can set the tv to display it in 4:3 or if you want it in widescreen, there should be several options as far as stretching it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us