HELP with TV connections

Username: Robratz

Post Number: 2
Help, I'm lost. Just got a new Mitsubishi WD-62525 DLP TV yesterday. The picture is horrible. I've got it hooked up to a basic satelite receiver as well as through a Sony stereo receiver, but the best cable connection I have is S-video. I'm only getting 480i reception. Is this low reception quality due to the low end cable connections or is it dependent on the DTV signal? Will buying a new high end receiver with component video in and outs as well as a high end receiver with conmponent video or better really give me that much better quality?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1305
Just because you have an HDTV capable equipment does not mean you will get HDTV quality picture. Common misconception...you have to get the HDTV signals for your TV to get HDTV quality pictures. S:Video will most definitely not give you progressive scan picture quality, you need component video connections to get there. Your satellite receiver should have these video outputs ready to connect to your tv and your tv will automatically detect them if they are present.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us