Speakers for Denon AVR 3805

Username: Omarj

Post Number: 1
I am just about to purchase a Denon AVR 3805. Any suggestions on the best speaker combination. Have been told to go with Klipsh, but having read some reviews apparently they dont work well with this receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 603
IMO Denon and Klipsch are a very bright combination and very fatiquing. If you are set on the Denon I would suggest you audition Paradigm and PSB. Both are nice warm speakers that match very well with brighter, thinner receivers like Denon and Yamaha. Paradigm offers so many good models you should have no trouble finding a good speaker at any price point.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1202
agreed, Klipsch may even sound harsh and too shrill with Denon. Paradigms will be an excellent choice.
Do you have a budget??

Post Number: 3
Have not really decided on a budget. Which Paradigm combination would you recommend. I can work around my budget,if it means picking them up in phases, as long as I can identify which set I want.

Thanks alot.

Incidentally what are your thoughts on theavr 3805, do you think it is the right choice. Between this and the yamaha rx-v2400 which would you recommend. I really wanted the arcam avr300 but it is too expensive. How does the arcam avr200 compare to the denon. I am getting the same price for both. My interest is primarily home theatre sound not so much audio. I plan to get a seperate amp for audio later.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 609
I think I would buy the Yamaha 2400 based on price alone assuming you buy Paradigm's.I really need to know your budget and room size to help you more but as I said get on Paradigm's website and look at all their models and you'll find lots of great stuff. My personal favorite for value has always been the Monitor 7. Take a look.

Post Number: 4
The room size is 15ft by 21ft. Both receivers are costing me the same price. Will check out the paradigm's. Budget is not an issue on the speakers.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1212
ooh nice, then I would strongly suggest the paradigm signature series S8. Wonderful sounding speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us