Comcast digital cable 5.1 boxes

Bronze Member
Username: Mjnoles1

Post Number: 19
Hey, I hope everyone is doing well today. I see a good amount of people have Comcast digital cable in South Florida like me. I know people on here mentioned there are now new motorola interactive digital cable boxes that has 5.1 digital audio. I would like to know what model number is the new cable box with 5.1 digital audio but without the HDTV feature that comcast has?

Thanks for the help :-)

Username: Jimi

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have Comcast and had the DCT-2000. Upon further review i realized that upgrading my HT couldn't include the cable box because of the RF jacks. I went in to the Comcast office and requested a newer box with Digital audio out. Needless to say they were clueless. I had them search the closets and they finally found one after i looked at the back. The model # is DCT-2524-1612. No s-video (that's almost impossible) but it has the infamous digital audio output to go into your A/V receiver. The sound is so much better now and since i have all the movie channels (premium package) i am able to experience 5.1.on the higher channels (for the most part) and improved sound on the lower ones. Hope this helped.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
So, the model number is DCT-2524-1612....All those numbers is part of the model number?

Thanks again :-)

Username: Jimi

Post Number: 2
Yes, on the bottom of the box it reads DCT-2524/1612. I believe the 2524 is the model # and the 1612 the version #. Mine has "Comcast" on the top left corner of the front and "Motorola" on the top right of the box. Below "Motorola" on the right side corner says "Dolby Digital".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Hey, thanks a lot for the help this is exactly what I was looking for :-)

Thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us