Suggestions for a set up.

Username: Kasper88

Post Number: 1
Ok Im fairly new to this but Ive been reading up on it lately. Now I plan on putting a HT together, and I thought I would goto some people besides sales people to help me. Now Im looking at the HK AVR330 receiver. Its 7.1, and Im looking to get a 7.1 for down the road just incase its becomes bigger so I dont have to buy a new system. Now the sales person said I would need to buy a preamp to get the other two speakers to work. Then I emaiked HK and asked them about it and they said I wouldnt, they are preamped. So I figured that was the truth, but then I read somewhere on here or a next site that they really arent preamped and I woulda have to but a preamp. So can someone give me some information of that? Next if I were to get the AVR330 could anyone suggest any speakers? I was looking at the Bose Accoustic 10. Ive heard Bose before an I really liked them so I thought I would check them out. Now the only thing about them is I dont know if they would connect to the reciever cause I believe they are tabs(not 100%), an they receiver has the singles plug or the screw on connection. Now could someone help me out with that? An last question (for now) if I were to get the Bose 10's what could I use for the last two speakers? Just their rear speaker pair?
thanks

Username: Bruin62

Post Number: 6
hi there on your AVR330 does it have the speaker conections for the extra two speakers at the rear? if it does i don't see why you need another amp. i have the AVR520 which will do 7.1 but you need another amp because it doesn't have enough speaker jacks so i use a AVR100 with it. hope this helps you a bit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us