What do you guys think about athena's micra 6s?

Anonymous

They cost around 500 and i want to know if i can get anything better for around that price. Also is it worth it to get a thx certified receiver like kenwood's for 500 or onkyo's 800 one or should i get a regular yamaha, onkyo, or denon one for bout 300-400.

Unregistered guest
very good reviews, but check out the ventrilaquist system from HSU, a liitke more money, but they developed a center channel that covers the lost range in mini systems,and has excellent reviews. also I found a SherwoodA/V 6.1,100 watts per,w/dolbt,dts,and Neo6 for 169.95....great price! W/a mini system,in my opinion,go w/ the less expensive amp,u won't tell the differencr, unless u plan on upgrading to a larger spk. sys in the future(retail on the sherwood is 359.00).THX is a cert. by Lucas films that states ,they meet certain guidelines...Believe me ,this system will sound great w/ the sherwood,and the Athenas, or the hsu..Good luck.Artie,ps Sherwood is on Buy.com

Anonymous

It seems like everyone is upset the way these speakers are marketed. I too purchased a set of these speakers and a surround sound. Maybe their method of selling is not what we are all use to, but no one seems to post how great the speakers sound. We purchased monster cables to hook them up and the sound is great. Plus, the surround system they sold me for my gameroom is a much better quality then the one I purchased for our familyroom 2 years ago from a national chain that I paid almost $1,000. for.

Bronze Member
Username: Matthew2582

Raymore, MO United States

Post Number: 36
The Micra's are a great choice - as well as Athena 's Point 5 mkII. Listen to the Onkyo SK240's - a total sonic knockout !

Pay no attention to spurious claims like 'THX Certified' - this tells you nothing at all about its sound quality. Listen to Onkyo 502 and Denon 1804 for smooth, musical sounding amplifiers.

Matthew
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us