Upgrading, want to replace Athena's

Username: Busterbrown885

Post Number: 2
I currently have Athena AS-B1 for fronts (want to replace),Athena, As-C1 for center channel(want to replace) Athena S.5 surrounds which I will continue to use. I have a Onkyo TX-SR706 Receiver and a BIC Acoustech H100 sub.

I am looking for more understandable, crisp dialogue from the center over what I currently have and an upgrade in sound over the fronts. My room is 14x18 with 8 foot ceilings. 95% of the useage of the system is for TV, movies. My budget is $500 max.

I need bookcase speakers which will actually be a bookcase and understand that rear porting can be a problem. The depth of the shelf is about 11inches, height and width not an issue.

I am have been looking for some time and have zeroed in on the following but would not rule out other systems

Infinity Primus
P 162/163
there are P162 and C350 currently available at some attractive prices.

There are some RTI4 and CSI3 currently avaiable attractive prices

using the discounted prices for older models, the budget would come in at about $300

Would either or both of these be an upgrade over what I currently have? Of these 2 systems which is likely to provide clarity for movies and provide the sound needed to experience action movies etc.

Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 393
hey BB check here quite a few choices,
energys I echo the sentiments,,
check it out.

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?