Upgrading, want to replace Athena's

Username: Busterbrown885

Post Number: 2
I currently have Athena AS-B1 for fronts (want to replace),Athena, As-C1 for center channel(want to replace) Athena S.5 surrounds which I will continue to use. I have a Onkyo TX-SR706 Receiver and a BIC Acoustech H100 sub.

I am looking for more understandable, crisp dialogue from the center over what I currently have and an upgrade in sound over the fronts. My room is 14x18 with 8 foot ceilings. 95% of the useage of the system is for TV, movies. My budget is $500 max.

I need bookcase speakers which will actually be a bookcase and understand that rear porting can be a problem. The depth of the shelf is about 11inches, height and width not an issue.

I am have been looking for some time and have zeroed in on the following but would not rule out other systems

Infinity Primus
P 162/163
C350/351
there are P162 and C350 currently available at some attractive prices.

Polk
RTI4/RTI A1
CSI3/CSI A4
There are some RTI4 and CSI3 currently avaiable attractive prices

using the discounted prices for older models, the budget would come in at about $300

Would either or both of these be an upgrade over what I currently have? Of these 2 systems which is likely to provide clarity for movies and provide the sound needed to experience action movies etc.

Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 393
hey BB check here quite a few choices,
energys I echo the sentiments,,
check it out.

theaudioguy.cahttps://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/174329.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us