Component to RGB(VGA/15 Pin)???

Hi Y'all - I just purchased the NEC LT240K projector and want to hood up a progressive-scan DVD player. The problem is that there isn't a component hook-up on the projector. Instead they have a 15 pin port listed as "RGB" which the manual says is for my DVD player component wire (or a laptop). NEC sells a handy-dandy adaptor but it's only 6 ft long and I have a distance of 30' to cover.

My main problem is this. I was calling around to local shops that set up large company conference rooms, and this guy kept asking me why I didn't want to use s-video?!? Well last I knew component was the way to go.

He said that;
1.The port I'm talking about is called "VGA" &
2.In order to do what I want I'd have to get a $600 video scaler because the degradation of the image due to the distance and adaptor would be considerable. Is that right?

If so, why? I saw a few VGA cords listed on ebay with RCA(component?) breakout on the other end. Are these cheap cords sitting out there waiting to rip me off? 30' for $55. What about getting a higher-end length of component cable? Do they make Female-to-Female adaptors for component cables so I could hook it into the NEC adaptor? Would both of these ideas make me lose out on progressive scan? Could I get progressive-scan out of a normal s-video cable?

Sorry for so many questions, I realize I've lost my mind. I thought I had this all worked out and then this monkey walks in and throws his wrench. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Jim

Derek
The inexpensive VGA to RCA cables you are seeing break out the Reg, Green and Blue. You need RGB converted to Green, Blue difference and Blue difference. They are not compatable.

Here's http://www.keydigital.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=23&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&btnSearch.x=14&btnSearch.y=5 one
and here's http://www.audioauthority.com/aacconsumers/9a62detc.html another.

Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us