Room Accoustics

Hey, I am remodeling my bedroom and want to have it set up so that I can ge the best sound possible in the room. Its a smallish room, and also needs to house my bed, desk etc. I have taken pictures of the room and the stuff that is going to go inside of it when it is done. Pictues will be linked down below.

Things to know:

The walls are not insulated. The house was built in the 50's and so the walls are hollow, made of extremely tough 2x4 with 1/2in drywall.
The ceiling is insulated, with fiberglass batting.

The floors are oak, with a subfloor and then a 2ft high crawlspace below. Dirt is below the crawlspace.

I can consider accoustic treatments for corners and such, and if anyone knows of a way to insulate walls that are already constructed without tearing the drywall off, I would love to hear it.

I listen about 80/20 or 90/10 music/movies

I have included measurements for most of the essential things in the room, but if you would like to know more, I can supply.

Okay, the pictures:
http://kaffine.net/stereo

Thanks a bunch

Anonymous
It looks as though you have an acoustical nightmare. I would suggest you put an area rug in place that would cover most of the floor and then for the walls I would definitely look at possibly putting a curtain rod with curtain all the way across the room, from ceiling to floor. This of course would give you a look of a higher ceiling also. Look at some interior design books to get an idea of what I am talking about. This will definitely help in not getting a lot of sound bouncing around especially in a small room.

Hello, we are building a home in which the Grand Room which measures 15x19 with 12' ceilings sets between a full insulated interior wall to the left, a glass wall to the exterior to the rear, a kitchen with tile flooring, a half wall, and a full wall set to the right and the entry to the front. My question is this, if we have hardwood flooring in the greatroom and tile in the kitchen and nook, will the accoustics be horrible?

Hello, we are building a home in which the Grand Room which measures 15x19 with 12' ceilings sets between a full insulated interior wall to the left, a glass wall to the exterior to the rear, a kitchen with tile flooring, a half wall, and a full wall set to the right and the entry to the front. My question is this, if we have hardwood flooring in the greatroom and tile in the kitchen and nook, will the accoustics be horrible? Oh! Slab foundation with wood and tile glued down. central florida climate(hot) if it makes a difference. Please help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us