Home theater shopping challenge

Anonymous
With $600 budget, what you think is the valuable home theater system, either home theater in a box or speaker set with receiver. This is not including DVD or other component. I am certain that with your experience and expertise, you could come up with model no. and reason for choosing them for me.

Thank you *1000000 for your help.

Anonymous
Any one?

Anonymous
Kenwood HTB-504, but a new model is coming out soon so I'd wait for that one.

tony ng
go online (ubid for one) and purchase:

2 JBL loud speaker (250w each): 350
1 jbl center 150w: 70
2 jbl bookshelf (150w): 160

the rest of $$$ go to receivers, cables

ah crap, that leaves you only 20 bucks left. Well you need about 280 more for a decent receiver (yamaha preferably)

OR
go with the ht in a box type :)

Anonymous
Thank you Tony......That my be over my budget....I might have to go for HTIB as you said....

Anonymous
Get the dennon 682 xp HTIB system from sears. They will price match it for you. It list for 699 but sears price matched it for me from nxgen.com for 491. The system sounds great and you can't beat the quality of a denon product. Plus sears is an authorized distributor for this system from denon so you have the full warranty in effect.

Anonymous
Any more comment? Please share..

Anonymous
Sears? Where did you find a Sears that carries the 682XP? I am in DC and can't find it :-(

Anon
Saw one at Landmark in Alexandria off I-395 and Duke

I'm in Memphis and the Sears here has the 682XP for $499. But they also have the Kenwood HTB-505 at the same price and in the little bit of listening that I did the Kenny blew the Denon away. LOTS more bass. With the Denon it was almost nonexistent. The Denon sub is a 6"er and the Kenwood is an 8". 6th Ave. Electronics has the HTB-505 for $399 so I'm gonna take the ad to Sears and see if they'll take it.

Anonymous
If this price included shipping and handleing, sear will absolutely have to match it. If not, you need to add S&B too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us