Brand new here- full of questions!

Hello,
I am thrilled to have been able to find such an informative site. I am ready to purchase a HTIB system and have been researching for awhile. We have a 32 in. Toshiba TV and an old VCR. That is it. (don't laugh- we are poor schoolteachers :))We are looking at the Onkyo HT-667 and the Denon 5.1 model- is the 700 the newest one? We have a fairly long den that we will put this in and I cannot for the life of me figure out where we would put 6 speakers (my husband thinks two will do. This will be a Christmas present to our family and want to keep the price around 500 dollars. Which do you all think would be best? Soundcity has the HT667 for $679, but if the Denon is comparable and is a bit cheaper I would like to reconsider. You all offer such a wealth of information. Thanks for being such a great source to a totally ignorant new audiophile!

Anonymous
I will recoomned the onkyo HT667 and you will have a system for a long time, good quality and it's features are excellent.

About too many speakers, you can always connect only 2 speakers but you will be missing surround sound when platying DVDs.

I saw this onkyo system at circuit city for $399

good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us