TV has no audio out, How do I hook up surround sound?

betweenthepipes
I have a new surround sound system (SON HTDDW750). My tv has no audio outputs. I am looking to hook up my cable (no cable box) to the reciever for surround sound. Can I put the cable through the VCR and then into the reciever? Or, Do I need a TV with audio outputs? DVD works fine, but cable won't work. Please let me know!

Jeff

You've got it--your cable needs to go to the VCR first. THEN, take the audio from the VCR to the receiver.

When you use your receiver as the main switching device for both audio AND video, you've got the ultimate in convenience. The only time you'll need to deal with your TV is to turn it on or off--you won't have to mess with changing inputs.

If you can live with stereo sound on your system and if your tv has a headphone jack on it you can go to radioshack and purchase a headphone to rca converter for about 5 bucks.

i have an old stereo its like a 1970, and about 7 speakers, can i hook up my tv to go through the stereo?like surround sound?my tv has only one output jack, i have a playatation2 a vcr and cable(no box) to my tv now. i am pretty good with electronics but i cant figure this one out. if anyone could tell me what i need to do this i would be forever grateful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us