Onkyo HTS-760 Prologic II not working

Anonymous

I have recently purchase Onkyo HTS-760 receiver. I have connected my satellite dish receiver to it using composite video/audio cable into Video I input. I put the receiver in the Prologic II mode and it doesnt output sound in the 3 surround (back) speakers. The sound comes only from the front 3 speakers. When I put the receiver in the Multi All Spk, I can hear the sound from all the 6 speakers.

bhizzle
Unregistered guest
Ya man i have the same system, and mine does the same thing. My understanding is that the sound that comes from your Satellite isn't 5.1 and the point of the PrologicII is to translate stereo into a mock-surround, right? Well, in my experience so far most of the time the sound for PLII is coming from the fronts, and the same goes for the Neo 6 which serves the same purpose as PLII. What i do is rotate between the two to find out which sounds better. Each one has a setting for Movie or Music, and i've found that the Neo 6 Music sounds sooo much clearer and crisper overall than the All Spkr Stereo, i think it fills the room better in my situation. Just give it a shot, try them out, and remember that the sound source may just not have any info for the rear sound. Also it may just be kinda faint, I've turned up my rear speakers from the Spkr volume option on the receiver.
Im still new to all of this too but, thats what ive found... have fun.

b
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us