Thoughts on a home theater purchase

Patrick
I am looking to purchase a home theater system and spending around $500. I have heard good things about Onkyo systems but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The systems I am considering are:

Onkyo HTS760
Onkyo HTS660
Sony HTV1000D
Sony HT-1800DP
Kenwood HTB-206 Silver

If anyone has any thoughts on these or any other suggestions I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Anonymous
Just bought Onkyo HTS660. It's OK, but I'm used to Bose speakers, which are excellent. The Onkyo speakers don't provide the same depth, but are probably fine for a mid range system. At least you can add another pair of speakers to the system to fill it out better. For a system under $400, I'd say it's worth it.

Paul
I have the Onkyo HTS760. I think it is an excellent system for that price range. I feel that the extra rear speaker makes a difference....and it has more power than I will probably ever need.
I did a lot of research, and sound comparisons before deciding on the 760, and out of all the systems I checked (pretty much the same ones on your list) it sounded the best to my ears. Hope this helps.....

Anonymous
Consider the Cambridge SoundWorks MegaTheater 505.
It cost a couple hundred more, but it makes the Bose systems sound like transister radios. This is a truely engineered product that gives a BIG bang for the buck.

Anonymous
Can get the HTS760 for $469 (free shipping, no tax) through http://www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com You have to email them to get the link to the 760. They are a good company; I have done business with them before. Authorized Onkyo dealer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us