Need subwoofer help please

mike wells
I recently purchased a slightly used (floor model) Philips (MX1015) Home Theater system. The first night everything worked great but the second night (for the sake of space), I decided to rearrange the components on different shelves. After working for about 10-15 minutes, the subwoofer just emits a steady loud signal. When I adjust the position of the receiver (or entire component cabinent) slightly, the subwoofer functions properly again. This happens repeatedly throughout the night and in any mode (DVD, TV, etc.). Could this just be a cable problem? I am using an old (cheapo) subwoofer cable. I would certainly appreciate any advice as everything else is working great. Thanks so much.

Anonymous
Sounds weird, but the first thing I would check is that there are no breaks or bare wires touching in your wiring.

Hawk
Sounds like a gounding problem, which is cured by adjusting the wires. Check your connections and consider changing the subwoofer cable.

Good luck

mike wells
It turned out to be a cable problem...I slapped a monster cable on and everything is cool. Thanks for the input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us