Car Stereo in Home Theatre

Benji
I may or may not have lost my licence for a while and would like to know if I can connect my 2 x 10 inch subs and 2 x (6x9) speakers to my home theatre amp.

If one sub and one speaker have 4 ohm resistance each, can I twist the wires together to form 8 ohm so it can be run thru the home theatre amp?

Also will there be any use for my in car amp? Any help is much appreciated.

Anonymous
You would have to go from the amp in the positive side of one speaker out the negative side into the other positive then out that negative back to the amp to get an 8ohm load.

Anonymous
Anonymous is right, if you hook them up in parallel then it will be 2 ohms. Sorry if you already know this.

ryan
i need help i got a car amp its 80 watt and i was wondering if i can hook it up to my home reciever can yall give me details on how to hook it up i got a power suply to it it powers up and every thing it just wont make a speaker make noise

Anonymous
i want to put my old car stereo system in my room..is it possible to to run it in my house.and how would i do it if i can

shane hill
k if you want to hook a car cd player amp and thing like that up in your house the easyest way to do it is to get a jumpit car jump starter and hook the power and rem to the power and the ground to the and get a pair of rca jacks and plug them in to a out put in your cd player and the other end in the amp in put hook your subs up and your 6x9 or what ever you have and it will sound just as good as your car

So what would i need exactly to hook my old car stereo up in my sons room. I have an old alpine cassette deck that i just pulled from my car and my sons wants to hook it up in his room..what type of converter do i need. If ya can email me the info i require please.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us