Avia.....home theater from below...and wondering also.

Christopher Solomon
This is a little late.....I do know it is also sold on HSN.com for around 190.00 which is about 400 less than suggested retail. I also know That Avia puts out a disc for maximizing your sound and video quality that several people recommend highly and profeesionals use widely. I do not know if they are the same. I too cannot find anything on the home theater systems. I am also aware that they have a home theater guide for setup and such that is in print now. Hope this helps some.

I also saw this Avia Dolby Digital DVD/CD Home Theater System with Remote on HSN. But I am unable to find more information/reviews on it. has anyone seen this product sold at any retails stores?

Anonymous
I too saw this unit on HSN, but I haven't seen it in any stores and can't find any information for it on the net...that worries me a little. I am very tempted to buy it but I would be a little "disappointed" if I ended up wasting $200.

Anonymous
I just bought the Avia system from HSN. I am waiting for it to arrive..sounds pretty good..supposed to arrive by march 23..well thats it bye

It's on Hugebee.com for 175. Sure would be nice if it sounds good...anybody own one?

BEN DOVER
I just purchased one but it has not arrived yet.....it should be good.....hopefully....I'll post later with results.

Neeraj
Hi, Has ANYONE recd. and used this product till now? Nowhere on the web can I find any reviews for this.

Looked intoit
I was just looking around since there was no reviews on the product. I'm no electrician, but it only has 30 watts from the main speaker, and 5 from the surrounding speakers. I found a kenwood system (no dvd) for 269 with 200 watt/100 watt speakers. Sounds like the Avia isn't going to provide much in quality sound. Like they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

WhyIsItSoDifficult?
I too have seen the ads. There is info out there about the dvd player, but I'm interested in the quality of the speakers. I guess we should remember that you get what you pay for....

waitingtobuy
People who bought AVIA... can you please
share your thoughts on the product. thanks

do not buy this product. i just bought one from HSN and returned them right away. The quality was so poor and the sound output are horrible. They look worst than cheap imitation that was made in a third world country. This product is not worth anything and this is my opinion, like they say if its too good to be true it probably is. Beware of HSN products they are bogus and low quality, (buy one if u do not believe me)

whew, thank you guys. ! saw this product on ebay and like the rest of you could find it absolutely nowhere.

Tom
Thank you Aaron - have been looking for that response for quite a long time on the internet - until now hadn't come up with anything. I will take your word that the AVIA DVD HOME THEATER SYSTEM isn't worth the $.

BurnedOnThisOne
I purchased one on e-bay. It did not work properly. Also, there is no power button on the remote. The instructions say to unplug it when you aren't using it because it has a transformer. It has a fan which is very loud. I returned mine thinking this particular system was faulty. I now have a replacement which is also not working properly. I do NOT recommend this product!

Anonymous
thanks everyone for your comments cuz I almost bought the avia home theater. sounded way to good to be true. sorry you got burned

Anonymous
FYI - If anyone is interested, the website for AVIA is:

http://www.avia-av.com/pages/742610/index.htm

It took me forever to find it. It doesn't offer much if any additional info on their products. My wife thought she was being nice and ordered me the DHT-630 5.1 speaker set for Christmas (I wormed it outta her ) I tried to sound excited, but I don't have high expectations.

I'm was hoping to get speakers to hook up to my older Sony Pro Logic receiver, but it sounds like these speakers will only hook up via RCA cables. I'll post a review in a couple of weeks when I know more... maybe at worst I can hook them up to my PC(?!)

Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?

Shari
I received this system as a wedding present, and it's plays CD's and DVD's just fine. Now that we're preparing to have a New Years Eve party, I can't figure out how to work the Karaoke function. The music plays, but the graphics don't come up......can anyone help me? I will try the website that Mr. Anonymous from 12/9 suggested. I don't want my party to suck, I've promised everyone we'd have Karaoke!!!!!

Anonymous
Does anyone know much about that Avia setup disc? is it worth it to get? Just wanting to get the max out of my HTS-650 :)

Anonymous
Avia system is for suckers. It's a crap system that HSN has the nerve to call a $799 value. The retail price is $249 and you can find it on line for $159. Support? Do they even have a website or even a snail mail adress or phone number?

Anonymous
Well, I got the 620 system and you do get what you pay for..$160 for a cheap system. As a gift I can't complain... Well, yes I can.
I hooked it up and as it is made in China, the quality is very plastic-ish. The DVD player has a sliding tray that is as cheap as it gets: I doubt it will last long before it gets stuck. The real dissapointment is in the false advertising that it is a 5.1 system. Once assembled, nowhere on the player does it say it is 5.1. When you switch the amp in the subwoffer from stereo to 5.1, the sound is crap..it isn't 5.1 surround! WHAT A RIPPOFF!
However, in stereo mode, it sounds OK and the picture is good, so until I can get the Kenwood system I really want, I will make the wife happy and enjoy movies in at least stereo from 6 speakers. Don't buy this.

Anonymous
I purchased an Avia AV-610 from QVC last year. It has been working fine. The 5.1 sound system seems ok, the sound does get divided up between the speakers. I have not bothered to mount the speakers to take advantage of the 5.1 sound so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness. There is enough audio power to wake everyone in the house out of a sound sleep. I have noticed that playback of some DVD's will randomly pause for a half second if the disk is scratched. Also there is a half second pause about half way through some movies even on new disks.

Jeff Craimer
Hello,

I wanted to know if anybody got the DHT620. Made by Avia. It seems reading from the post they are bad. But i am not sure if the post are toward this model. If anybody had this model would you be able to tell me if it was any good.

Thank You Again

Matt
I bought the Avia 5.1 dvd/mp3/vcd/blah,blah,blah player from HSN at chrismas (Model #HD-DHT620) and it works pretty good. The 5.1 mode is great and each speaker runs on a seperate channel (rate) so I can tweak them in home I want them. The only problem that is occuring is the constant skipping of dvd's (new or old), I have tried cleaners but it seems every movie sill skips even after I clean it. Working with Avia tech support right now to figure out the problem, but other than that, for the price I feel its worth it (the dvd player that is) but like the others have said, u get what you pay for. I think cheap is a little harsh though, maybe underquility would be better.....lol, hope this helps

ive been reading the posts but wonder if anyone has the DHT630 model, its great price and looks very nice but wonder if it sounds worth a d#@*!

Jim
We just set up a new Avia DHT 630 system and can't get the right front channel to work. The enclosed documentation is terrible, even not counting the poor use of english. I've fired off an e-mail to their tech support. I guess time will tell how this turns out. You can get a Sony for the same bucks, though...

Anonymous
I have the AVIA HD-DHT610 5.1 Channel Home Thater Sytem for 2 years now and haven't experince any type of problems. I feel the price was right and the quality is good. I have it set up in one of the living rooms in the house and it can fullfill the whole house with sound. just like any other speaker set up you need to play around with it until you find the right spot for them.
I also have a high-end HTS set up on my other living room which cost me near $3000.00 with sony, panasonic and Klipsch components. so I know the difference between both systems but to tell you the true for a fraction of the price the avia system it's worth, infact I purchased the dht-630 for my bedroom, I am happy and satisfied with the AVIA systems.

I HAD TO LAUGH WHEN I READ THESE REVIEWS. I HAVE A HD-DHT620 5.1 HOME THEATER I BOUGHT AT MY LOCAL COMPUTER SHOW FOR LIKE 35-40.00 BUT I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS PART OF A DVD PLYER SYSTEM. MY BOX WAS JUST SUBWOOFER AND SPEAKERS. THE SYSTEM IS JUST OKAY. NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT. SUPPORT,WHAT SUPPORT ? THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. LOGITECH BLOWS THIS SPEAKER SYSTEM OUT OF THE WATER. REMEMBER PEOPLE IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE-IT USUALLY IS. STAY WITH SONY,KENWOOD,MITSU. DO NOT BUY THOSE NO-NAME SH*T BRANDS FROM WALMART-CIRCUIT CITY-BESTBUY USUALLY LIKE 199.99 SOMETIMES CHEAPER. WHY DO U THINK THAT IS ?

Anonymous
OK - read the post - bought my from HSH also. avia hd-dht610 dvd player ---need suggestions (MATT) - why is this play stopping in the middle of the movie??

Justin B
I think you are all complete morons that wouldn't know crap if it went up and bit you. AVIA is great and the only problems you guys have are being HOM@#%$^al

Anonymous
If you people are going to buy this crap get it off ebay for sub 100 bucks. I would rather spend 300 bucks and get a decent pioneer system the sound quality and dvd system quality are about 100 times better.

Damn, I feel sorry for anyone who gets a POS system for $300. I just put together my own system on an extreme budget(cmon, how much money should a 16 year old have?). Not including cables, I got some KLH floorstanders for $89 for a pair, factory refurb. 3 way, 6.5" woofer, 3" mid, .75" dome tweeter. Only thing that was diffrent from a new model, was one of the towers had a replaced tweeter. I went to Ebay and got myself a Kenwood VR-407 receiver. Dolby 5.1, DTS, 6ch DVD input. $100 plus shipping. Then I found an AWESOME deal on a Kenwood DV-4070B 5 DVD changer. Plays DVD-Audio discs, places CD's fantastically. It was an open box item, just a few scuffs on the display. Original MSRP in year 2000: $1100. My price: $40. Got some Monster standard THX cert cables to put it all together, and it sounds INCREDIBLE for a sub- $300 system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us