I need a resolve for my setup - help please

Username: Aegiskleais

Post Number: 6
Here's the short n sweet. I have a PC - I want to run it's audio AND video to my HDTV setup.

The Computer has a DUAL DVI-Out card (I can set the PC up to "CLONE" so that what is output on DVI#1 will be output on DVI#2) It also has a 5.1 sound card (Front L/R, Rear L/R, Center/Subwoofer channel)

Is there a device that will take a DVI cable and convert it to COMPONENT (That's RGB right?) so that I can use a 50ft. cable to run it from my PC to the INPUT # 1 of my TV? (Input#1 is a RGB and Stereo Audio (Red/White) series of inputs)

At the same time (or possibly through a different piece of hardware), I have determined (sadly) that I will lose my surround from my PC since my Surround does not have Optical/Coaxial Audio In, but merely a Stereo Audio input. My TV (A Samsung LN-S5296D) has a digital audio-out, but it's a mere 2-speaker TV and I have nothing to run the audio out to.

So sadly, I still need my audio from the PC, but I guess I can only carry over the left/right audio. :-( So this (same? different?) piece of hardware would have to accept the audio from the PC, and then provide multiple outputs for each channel (one to go out to my PC still, another to go out to my surround sound headphones by the PC and at least one more "set" to go to my computer)

I've seen cable that has the RGB of component and Red/White of Stereo Audio. Sounds like the cable I need (but I don't know what to call it) And I don't know if said hardware exists.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us