Another 'No Sound From TV Through Home Cinema/DVD' Problem

Username: Terry_bear

Post Number: 1
Hello there, sorry about the familiar old problem but I've been all over the place trying to see if anything could help and I can't fathom it.

I have an all-in-one DVD/Home Cinema system that works fine etc... but can't get sound from the TV through it.

My TV (Digital built in) only has 2 scart, AV1 and AV2, at the back and an AV3 (red/yellow/white) in the front panel.

If there's anything that springs to mind right now that'd be great, I can give better detail later when I get back home if needed.

Thanks for you time! This is indeed driving me slightly mad.

Username: Wader

Post Number: 10
I suppose it might be good to better understand your connections and configuration - i.e., how you have routed audio from the television to your home cinema receiver, and how that's configured to play what comes in.

Do you require the television's audio to be played through your system (if I interpreted your issue correctly - if not, sorry about that)? For my configuration, the TV is actually not putting out and audio . . . everything I need - from digital cable, DVD, CD, DVR, Playstation 2, etc. - is soon to be routed through the receiver component and out to its connected speakers, for example.

Username: Terry_bear

Post Number: 2
Hi Wade, thanks for replying. I finally gave in and bought a scart adapter with an input/output switch and of all damn things... it flipping worked!

My pesky scarts on the telly were blissfully sitting there not allowing anything to actually go out. I suppose I should have waited until I'd tried the adapter before posting, so sorry about that!

Problem solved. I now have sound from the telly through the system.

I wonder if all problems can be solved like this?

Er...

I need to make lots of money, what connections do I need?

(let's see if that works)

Cheers!

Marty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us