A Simple Life - Simply Music

Username: Mysticladie

Adelaide, Australia Australia

Post Number: 2
Lets keep it simple.
I live in Australia and I am finding it very @#$% confusing, time wasting and frustrating to get good honest advice.

I have looked into Bose Lifestyle 48 so I can enjoy my music all over the house - i can store my music on the harddrive so at parties my cds dont get @%^&.
I was recommended Krix speakers for the outdoors.
Total home theatre cost approx $9000 AU.

The TV I like Pioneer 500 something 52" 1080hp is all i can remember Oh yeh the price tag $5999AU. I remember that bit

I would appreciate anyones advice on this one because all this techanical jargon is somewhat confusing.
Jude

Bronze Member
Username: Usernamex

LondonEngland

Post Number: 77
Expect plenty of people here to advise against Bose for being all style and no substance. Are you looking for a home theatre and music in other rooms or maybe outside? I think a lot of 7.1 home theatre receivers allow either a 7.1 setup or, a 5.1 and a separte two channel zone elsewhere (that is, 5.1 movie setup running in the lounge and music in another room at the same time). I have a NAD reciever, so I know a little about their product lines. Their amps offer this feature and come with a second mini remote used for the second "zone", and the T763 upwards are controlable via a pc over a serial port. I do't know how good this is though. NAD is usually one or two steps behind in the latest tech (no hdmi) etc, so I expect to find plenty of other brands doing at least this? On the plus side, but their gear sounds good and they have very honest power ratings. Set up menus very are simple if not downright plain. Like NZ, I expect you'l get a good mix of UK and US brands in Aussie eh?

Can't suggest too much more except don't get caught up in buying expensive exotic cabling as part of the budget. I usually avoid anything with too much cheesy marketing and techno bable (again, anything with style over substance). For example, if you are running long speaker cables to a second zone, it is more important to get the right gauge than the best brand. Here's a table here...

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us